Dumb Buggy bump start question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badsneaker

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm trying to start my MP6 with a 2wd stadium truck start box.

Does the buggy need to be facing left or right on the box to start?

Does the buggy need to be facing left or right on the box to start?

I'm not exactly certain, but I'm quite sure that YOU need to be facing the buggy. Left or right depends on which way you want to go once it starts.

All seriousness aside, turn your clutch bell to rotate the spur, and see if the buggy creeps forward. That's the direction the engine has to turn. Without putting the car on the box, hit it to see which way the rubber wheel turns and verify that it will rotate your engine in the proper direction.
Make sure you have the proper polarity to the battery.

Woohoo!! It started!!

Thanks!! I got it running. I had to take the back wheels off to fit it on the box. I guess I'll need a new starter box.

Anyways, my first buggy, Inferno MP6 bought off Craigslist. No motor installed but came with 2 O.S. 21 MAX RZ. One supposedly is worn. the other good. Well the one I installed fired right up. Hopefully I installed the clutch right, I've never worked on a buggy before. Lets see if it runs OK tomorrow when I change the crystal in the receiver. Whats the temp this motor should be running at when warmed up?

I'm not exactly certain, but I'm quite sure that YOU need to be facing the buggy. Left or right depends on which way you want to go once it starts.

All seriousness aside, turn your clutch bell to rotate the spur, and see if the buggy creeps forward. That's the direction the engine has to turn. Without putting the car on the box, hit it to see which way the rubber wheel turns and verify that it will rotate your engine in the proper direction.
Make sure you have the proper polarity to the battery.