Drag Race (Who would win) Please advise

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revo_pusher

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hello Everyone,

Which do you think would win in a DRAG race? Yokoma electric with top line Hacker motor and limitless speed controller VS Schumacher fusion with racing gears and clutch.

A friend of mine is challenging me to this competition and winner will take the other’s car. I bought my car 2 days back and I don’t want to lose it so I was wondering who would win the race?

My Schumacher could hit up to 80Mph +

Thanks

Very risky! I have seen video of a Traxxas Bandit get 70+ carrying a gps (added weight) with a Hacker 50 and 18 cells. I'm pretty sure his car would be faster than a Bandit with the same set up plus that was 18 cells...that system is capable of running 20. Make sure it's a long race because if he can put the power to the ground electric will get up to top speed faster than nitro. Let us know what happens.

Good Luck

race

Well the race is over a 1 km runway so I hope that I could beat him before my receiver reception runs out.

His car is originally a drifter. but he has changed it to a racer. It’s really light so I hope he finds it hard to control.

I’ll keep you posted and if anyone else has any ideas of who would win please tell me.

Thanks

why would you do that!?
race him for a tenner or something not your car. lol

either way over 1km I'm saying nitro all the way

Well I guess the joy will come along when you are driving back home with a new car for free :)

It is quite risky and I am not sure to go ahead with it. I’ll pass the local hobby shop today and see if I could upgrade the car to perform faster and then I’ll decide to go ahead with it or not.

Keep the ideas flowing guys

I think if your buddy gears up and runs high voltage lipos he would smoke your schumacher both off the line and top speed. And at the end of the race when you crash your schumi from losing radio signal he woud just go home with your pile of metal. Either way you will lose regardless of who wins the race.

Take video.

The schumacher's top speed is 69MPH according to RCCA. The acceration is too slow to get up to that speed with that long of a drag. I'd say it would only get up to about 55+.

revo_pusher said:
It’s really light so I hope he finds it hard to control. Thanks

It won't be that light with the batteries on it, and if he positions them right he should be able to keep it straight. I don't know how much room you need to reach top speed but you will need to get to top speed and then have enough space to catch him.....Thats if your top speed is more than his.

I would suggest betting $$$ instead of rc's..

The modded electric will get you in the first 100 feet, but if the race is long enough you should have him on the top end. My BL road cars are wickedly quick but have no real top end. Regearing them for top end HEAVILY impacts the acceleration, so that would not be the best option.

I wouldn't do it.
Too much to lose.

Thanks for the response,

Well the location is an airport runway; it’s not in use anymore and is mainly used now to fly RC planes and helis. It’s a couple of KM long.

The guy is hesitating but I am going to go ahead with it. Am hesitating too!!

I really want to take that hacker engine and remote he has got. Top of the line remote control from Futaba.

My catch about the race is that his car is originally a Yokohoma Drifter and is very light. Even if he gets to his top speed. It will be really hard to control.

As for the Schumacher’s top speed, when you buy the car stock, it would get to approximately 60 something miles. You need to upgrade the gears and clutch to the racing series and your car should do 80+ mph easy.

When the Schumacher hits the second gear, it rips.

I guess I’ll take my chances but I hope that he does not back down.

I'll keep you posted with what happens.

Ok, the guy chickened out today and would not race me with the excuse that there is a problem with his car. Lame excuse.
I raced another guy with a Tamiya TB Evolution IV with a Novak 3.5 motor. We kept together from start until my second gear went into place and was about to shift to third and that is when I ripped his car. I passed him with a distance of about the size of a normal SUV.
We tried a couple of times and came back with the same results.
I am gonna still try and race the guy with the hacker and keep you guys posted. I was very impressed with the results.

Thanks

Back