DooRok Orlandoo Finished Build and Build Notes

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeepLCG

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Crawling
  3. Flying
  4. Boating
Here is a picture of my finished 1/32nd Orlandoo DooRok, with white body panels.

Orlandoo DooRok DooRoc 1:32 Rock Racer Kit with White Body Panels Built.jpg

I don't see many of the DooRok's posted, as finished builds, so wanted to share this awesome little rock bouncer / crawler.

Here are some more pictures and build notes.

DooRok Orlandoo Build Kit.jpg
Orlandoo 1:32 DooRok Build Manual.jpg

For some reason, my manual was missing a few pages. All of the info was there for the hardest parts, such as the gear box and axles. The kit is extremely well organized, with all of the little parts and screws labeled clearly. Most of the truck went pretty quick. I'd say it was all together 5-6 hours to complete and install all the electronics. Getting the ESC/Receiver, wires and batteries into the tight cage was no easy feat.

Orlandoo 1:32 DooRok Body next to a pen.jpg

Seeing the cage next to a ball point pen really shows how tiny this truck is.

Orlandoo DooRok Axles and Necessary building tools.jpg

Here is a completed rear axle and 3 of the most critical tools for building these trucks. A fine needle nose pliers, #00 hobby grade screw driver and this awesome tiny hex wrench that was included in the build kit. I did use other tools, but the screw driver that came in the kit was basically useless.

IMG_9478.jpg

Here is the motor and gear box all built. I opted for the 500RPM, which seems about perfect for a tiny rock bouncer. Also, ordered the metal drive shafts, not included in the kit. All parts came from Tiny4x4.com. Great site for micro RC. I went with the Orlandoo mini ESC, so low end control is not very precise, but it does the job and seems to suit the vehicle.

Orlandoo Coil Over Shocks.jpg

Here is a picture of the finished coil over shocks. I actually ended up using all metal internally sprung shocks, ordered from tiny4x4.com. The ones that came in the kit are pretty nice and easy to assemble.

Orlandoo DooRok Axles Built.jpg

Finished front and rear axles. I apologize for not getting more pictures of the actual build, but it is difficult when you are in the middle of such a micro build. Axles were relatively easy to assemble. The links... total PITA.

Orlandoo Wheels Renegade and Rockstar.jpg

Here are the Rock star and Renegade wheel options. I ended up using the deeper dish Renegades, the ones that are unpainted in the above pic. Tires were glued to the wheels using proper tire CA.

Painting Orlandoo DooRok Body Panels White.jpg

Here I am painting the body panels white. These are currently out of stock, but I think I may have been able to cut them out of clear lexan. I used frog tape, to mask.

Painting Orlandoo DooRok Body Panels White.jpg

Axles, Links and Gear box all together. The little links are a chore to assemble and like to pop off. Takes a bit of tinkering to get it all into the cage.

Orlandoo DooRok Gear Box and Axles.jpg

Axles, shocks and gear box installed in the cage. Next up was testing the electronics. I ended up using my Flysky GT5, as I do for most of my land vehicles. The RX was stripped down to the board and pins and installed on the roof of the truck. It was quite a trick getting everything plugged into it, while in the cage.

Orlandoo DooRok Rock Racer Kit Built.jpg

Here it is with all of the electronics installed, placing the body panels. As you can see, there are two plugs coming off the ESC sticking out the back window, for the two 1s batteries that sit just inside the left and right door panels. They are combined to produce one 2s cell, while keeping the little rig balanced. When they are plugged in, I can just tuck everything in to the back window for a cleaner look. That's it for now.

Orlandoo DooRok Installing Body Panels.jpg

I was tempted to pick one up a while back, decided against it, only because I don't think my eyes can handle assembling anything smaller than 1/24. Nice job, great lookin' little rig.

I was tempted to pick one up a while back, decided against it, only because I don't think my eyes can handle assembling anything smaller than 1/24. Nice job, great lookin' little rig.
It was easier than I thought it would be, but definitely a bit more challenging picking up the little screws. With quality tools and magnetized drivers, really not a hard build though. More enjoyable than some 1/10th builds I’ve done. That said, I am near sighted, so that probably helped a bit.

There is just something about the little rigs that I love. I may think about it some more, but my dexterity isn't what it used to be either. I have two fingertips
that I lose feeling in that makes it interesting sometimes. I might still think about giving it a go later on though. 🤔

There is just something about the little rigs that I love. I may think about it some more, but my dexterity isn't what it used to be either. I have two fingertips
that I lose feeling in that makes it interesting sometimes. I might still think about giving it a go later on though. 🤔
Yeah, they really are something different, but I totally get being reluctant to build any Orlandoo. I see built options up for sale on Ebay once in awhile, priced accordingly.

It's surprising how much fun I have had, just driving over tools and things on my work bench. My eventual plan is to install an fpv camera to navigate over miniature obstacles with the Fat Sharks. Just need to decide on a good camera / TX combo, that is small enough. Suggestions welcome.

Back