Don't buy FTX cars.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DamianRC

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
I said a lot of talk about how I am going to upgrade my FTX Zorro. But yesterday I hit a curb at 1mph and broke the front part of the chassis. Axle was just hanging off. Can't be bothered trying to fix it again. So I just binned it. FTX cars break so easy. I think they make so breakable just to make money out of selling replacement parts.

I said a lot of talk about how I am going to upgrade my FTX Zorro. But yesterday I hit a curb at 1mph and broke the front part of the chassis. Axle was just hanging off. Can't be bothered trying to fix it again. So I just binned it. FTX cars break so easy. I think they make so breakable just to make money out of selling replacement parts.
man you should have sent it to me lol

The worst part is when you find out just how many companies use their stuff to rebrand. So far, I have found FTX rebrands from HobbyKing, IMEX RC, and at least 3 others, and, parts are rarely ever available. I waited months for arms to be in stock for My Hobby King Quantum Vandal (FTX Spirit), and finally used it for what parts I could. I also had an IMEX Samurai that parts weren't available anywhere I could find. Lucky for me, I bought them both super cheap.

I salvaged the motor, ESC, etc. A mate said he would sell me his old brushed Typhon for £50. I will convert it to brushless using the stuff from the Zorro. Thank god I still got my Hyper go. That thing is super quick and hard as nails.

I wasn't exactly in danger of buying one but thanks :D

I've seen a lot of rebranded generic crap in UK hobby shops besides FTX. When I used to use UK shops, before brexit anyway. And it was all rather expensive and the selection was meh (especially batteries).