Does liquid mask differ from masking latex?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sasha Zee

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
Well, I started painting a body and could not find any liquid mask in my country. Art shops had masking latex so I bought it. Put three layers, dried it enough... and was completely disappointed with results. This is total crap. It's like rubber. It doesn't cut easily and it stretches unmasking parts which should stay protected. Not saying that it stinks badly. Not sure where artists apply this latex, but looks like it's not for lexan body painting :( Or maybe liquid mask people are talking about is similar to it and I just have to blame my crooked hands?

I've used clear Elmer's glue for masking, worked about as good as liquid mask.

@Sasha can you not order the liquid mask online and have delivered? Maybe @NCNitro might have some suggestions.

I have never tried that latex stuff. I use two different types of liquid mask, either Bob Divelys, or Parma, they both work well for me. The trick is use 4 heavy coats, each brushed on in the opposite direction as the previous coat. and use fresh blades, a lot of them. I will go through at least 5 to 10 blades on a body depending on how intricate the details are. The second it starts to pull the mask instead of cutting it I change the blade. I save them for use elsewhere, as its only the very tip the gets dulled on the lm..

I've used clear Elmer's glue for masking, worked about as good as liquid mask.
Just straight from the bottle?

Anyone know what liquid mask is made of? It has to be made of something "common" and repackaged. Probably elmers glue and other additives.....

Just straight from the bottle?

Anyone know what liquid mask is made of? It has to be made of something "common" and repackaged. Probably elmers glue and other additives.....

That was a long time back now but yes I used it straight out of the bottle. Seemed to work just fine.