Does different nitro content really make a big impact on a car's performance?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

:D lmao

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Scale Builder
Q1: is it worth purchasing 20 or 25% nitro in Europe when u need a license for it?
Q2: I'm running a stock 3,3 engine and wanna know if switching from 20% to 16% really is a night and day difference?
Q3: Will fuel with a lower nitro content decreases the life of the engine?
Q4: I'm into buying the Rapicon brand fuel and wanna know if its and good or not?

thk u!!!

Q1: is it worth purchasing 20 or 25% nitro in Europe when u need a license for it?
Q2: I'm running a stock 3,3 engine and wanna know if switching from 20% to 16% really is a night and day difference?
Q4: I'm into buying the Rapicon brand fuel and wanna know if its and good or not?

thk u!!!
I imagine it will be a little performance hit. I dont like stepping down from 30% to 20%. That being said the difference between 16 and 20% is less so might not be as big a difference. i have no idea about running less than 20% nitro tho. I dont think they sell anything less than 20% here in the states for cars/trucks.

Last edited:
I dont see how it would affect the longevity if the oil package is good and you dont lean it out to much trying to get the power back.
I only run 30% and havent used 20 in a long time.

I don't know the different regulations when it comes to certain country's laws. I have a few in my State that must be followed closely I was taught how certain nitro fuels affected the performance of way older nitro motors . oil.% fuel call effect a motors performance along with excess wear( mostly from less oil than recommended. ) or to lean..

Yes it does make a difference bud. I only run 30% fuel these days for the past yrs. With good oil %. A low% nitro with lower oil% will not be good on your motor in the long run. Like TNT said don't run to lean if you go with the lower side of fuel

Are you running the traxxas 3.3? In a revo 3.3. Just use the 33% from traxxas? I have never had a issue useing that fuel my self. Or is 20% and lower all you have to choose from over the pond?

Q1: Yes dont know how much lic is or if that % nitro is more costly
Q2: Sure will be a 3.3 is a fuel eating machine
Q3:Nope I really dont think you will have a stable running machine(I'm no nitro nut )
Q4:not familiar with that fuel id try a more local user to your area.

thk u guy all hlped me out alot

thk u!!!
You should never switch fuel brands or percent. Never run break in fuel that is low nitro content then go to higher content. The fuel your engine is broken in with is what you should run because if you run 15* the engine parts expand to that, and seat to that, then when you run higher content with higher RPM and heat the parts won't expand correctly and friction will wear out the engine and or run eradically. Always run the same fuel religiously.

I have been between 16 and 20 constantly, I cannot see or hear any difference.
The cars run great (traxxas, hpi, kyosho) on 16% sidewinder.

Back