Does anyone else think the HPI Jumpshot SC Flux is way overpriced?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggman100

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
A friend picked one of these up, in orange and white, from Liquid RC for $360. It doesn't come with battery or charger, has fixed links and metal shielded bearings, and, although it is fast, after going over it, i can't see where HPI thinks its worth that much, not when compared to stuff from Losi (22S-$229, granted, its brushed, but, you can get a good brushless system and still be at less than the HPI), Team Associated (Pro2 SC10-$339), and even Traxxas (Slash 2WD-$270), so, does anyone know why the HPI is so expensive? I have the brushless K&N version of the 22S that i paid just under $300 new, and that truck is definitely worth it. It came with rubber shielded bearings all around, is faster than the Jumpshot he has, is way more durable than the HPI, and replacement parts are cheaper. Even my 2WD Slash has cost me less so far than the HPI is new, and i beat that like i stole it. His truck broke a front lower arm the second run on a jump in dirt, and i run all my trucks at a concrete skate park, and all i have broke so far is a front bulkhead on the 22S slamming into a snow pile, and, on the slash, i broke a rear hub landing a jump wrong, and a front hub sliding into a wall on ice, so i just dont get it. Even my long discontinued Arrma fury seems way more durable and reliable.

Personally, I don't feel it is overpriced. Were I into SC, I'd consider one. Good seeing HPI is back with a new offering.

Had to do a search online to view images and specs. This truck has speed runner written all over it. As you point out biggman, and as your friend found out, the Jumpshot's forte' is not hard dirt bashing. Be nice if there were an option to receive this truck with a set of on-road tires. There is much potential there to go fast.

First impressions. I like it. Cheers. 'AC'

Back