do we have any collectors here?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grinch

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
if so, let's hear what everybody collects! i collect die cast cars and action figures. most of my figures are horror movie related, movie maniacs and such, but i also have some spiderman and star wars stuff. as for cars, i collect mostly replicas of older muscle cars but if i find anything newer that interests me i'll pick it up. my latest acquisitions are a '69 chevelle ss and a 2002 subaru impreza wrx.
been looking for the wrx for a while. i also collect those little video games that were available in the 80's, like pac man and donkey kong, etc. seems as though i used to be able to pick these up at flea markets for next to nothing until ebay came along and drove the price through the ceiling. oh... i also collect broken t maxx parts! :banana:

I collect firearms, fishing equipment, comic books and shot glasses.

Broken RC parts as well hehehe.....

Used to collect coins, stamps and baseball cards but sold them all to put my kids through private school. They were just taking up too much space anyways.

I collect any and all types of Nascar & NHRA & any type of motorsports memorbelia. I have over 500 die cast most of which are 1:24 scale, Several autographed by Kenny Bernstein, John Force, Al Hoffman plus a few more. My coffee table is made out of one of Rusty Wallaces tires, with a round Rusty beer sign that fit perfectly where the rim would be and a 30" round glass top for it. My walls are covered in autographed one of a kind Nascar, Nhra and Indy car posters and pics that I took myself. Dale Earnhardt, Richard Petty, Rusty Wallace, Dale Jarrett, John Force, as well as many many more. I have one wall in my race room that is covered in sheetmetal off crashed race cars. I have a piece of the original pit wall from Sebring international raceway that I got when they tore it down to redo the track. I could go on forever. I am always on the lookout for anything new to add to my motorsports collection.

Grinch we have something in common, I too collect broken T Maxx parts :banana:

I used to collect beer cans and pilsner glasses, and beer signs, I have about 1200-1500 cans in my warehouse. I have just started selling them off on e-bay.

cool guys! my collection is relatively small, but it's growing. i collect cars of all sizes, as long as they're cool! matts, i have a 70 ls6 as well, actually it was the model that started my collection! here's a quick list of what i have:

2 70 chevelles, one stock ls6, one street machine with flames
69 camaro ss
70 1/2 z 28
70 baldwin motion camaro
70 el camino
67 chevelle
pt cruiser
ford focus rally car
69 chevelle ss
subaru wrx
dodge viper
2000 corvette... couple o' more that elude me.

probably around 60 1/64 cars of varying brand names and models.

my girlfriend thinks i'm a biggest kid she knows!:D i have more toys now than when i was a kid! all my buddies tell me it's gonna be a full time job protecting them when i have kids of my own.

I collect animals
1 Leapord Geko
1 Snakehead (fish)
2 Sugar gliders
1 dwarf Hamster
1 Shitzue (dog)
2 Pomeranians.

Originally posted by NCNitro
Maxximillion, do Shitzues and Pomeranians really count as dogs? ;) J/K
Nice thats what I Was wondering?

I collect Star Wars stuff particualrly Yoda stuff mainly and then Star Wars Legos also . My wife would beg to differ with your girlfriend grinch that I am as big or a bigger kid than you. X

Originally posted by NCNitro
Maxximillion, do Shitzues and Pomeranians really count as dogs? ;) J/K
LOL! Naw, their more like slippers! LOL!

Originally posted by M@xximillion

LOL! Naw, their more like slippers! LOL!
REally do they prevent damage to your drive train? I keep striping idler gears maybe I need a couple of these.

I have quite an accumulation of belly button lint right now. I wonder how much it's worth on the open market......

I collect receipts from the hobby shop, does that count?? :banana:

if belly button lint counts, i can't imagine why receipts wouldn't. i'd bet this forum has some of the finest receipt collections in the r/c world!:p empty nitro bottles also make fine collectibles.

I started to collect LHS receipts, but I ran out of warehouse space.

I do collect German Beer steins though. I have about 10 of them ranging from about 10 to 150 years old. They go from about 4" to 20 " tall. Some are family heirloms, some I have bought.

I also started collecting US Mint Proof sets. I have 5 of the Silver Proofs. (All the State quarters released so far and man do they look good!) and about five other proof sets from different years.

I almost forgot, My wife has a great collection of my paychecks!

Last edited:
I have a collection of skid marks in my underwear, does that count?? :D

that depends on the length and intensity of color! they can't be included if you ever tried to bleach 'em.

I collect and restore tube type stereo gear from the 50's and 60's.
Also collect and restore old tube type table radios.

I collect treasure. I have been scuba diving on old Spanish wrecks for years. I also search the jungle for the "buried treasure" but this is never found with X marks the spot. I have a few thousand old reales ranging in dates from the 1500s to the 1700s. Swords, muskets, bottles, cannon balls, a cannon or two and a whole heap more.

Find any old hookas?

By the way, I completely left out that I am a professional collector by trade. It is what I do for a career. So Yes, I'm a collector!

I like to say that "I do my part to keep the economy in check"

Without my company, interest rates would be through the roof!

;)

Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ
I like to say that "I do my part to keep the economy in check"

Without my company, interest rates would be through the roof!

;)

So, your a bill collector:cool:

Back