Do rovan make their own engines?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sAvageXl

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi guys, just after some info here, I've seen rovan engines popping up for sale now at my prefered online hobby shop, and i was wondering whther they made their own engines or they were rebadged. I know HPI rebadged the chung yang engines and called them the fuelie 26 so I was wondering whther it was a similar story with rovan or not.

That would be something to Google if you haven't already. You could try using Google Lens to search the image and see if it comes back with different brand names. That app is a bit of a godsend in this hobby.

I'd be shocked to learn that Rovan makes their own engines. A safe bet would be that Chung Yang or some other Chinese mfg makes engines for them.

I'd be shocked to learn that Rovan makes their own engines. A safe bet would be that Chung Yang or some other Chinese mfg makes engines for them.
Yeah man I thought the same after some digging into other Chinese brands I think the manufacturer is Hy or some brand like that I'd be surprised if it was chung yang seeing as they make the engines for hpi and rovan is meant to be significantly cheaper than that

The intricacies of Chinese manufacturing partnerships are beyond my understanding.

Back