differential oil...what weight?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j0olz

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i have been in buggies for about 10 years now bashing and racing. and i have seen technololgy progress soooo much. i am very good at dialing my car but i just can't figure out how to utne diffs...filling them with different oils, adjusting tightness....can someone give me general rules of thumb when tuning differentials?

You want the thickest oil in the middle, next thickest up front, and the thinnest in back. The rule of thumb is, the lighter the oil, the more the diff will diff. Hense a lighter oil will make your car feel looser if its in thew center, if you lighten up the rear or front, that end will feel looser perhaps having more diff unloading or wheel spin. If you want you back to kick out or it feels like you don't have enough steeringm try lightening up your rear oil. I run 5000 up front, 10000 in the middle, and 1000 in back. And matts, shcok oil depends on the track you are running on. I can tell you the ideal setup for your buggy for the track because i have dialed mine in. I'm running 35 up fron, 35 in back. Both 2 hole pistons. O degrees camber up front, 1 degree of towe out up front. IN the back I'm running 2 degress camber, and 3 degrees toe in. If you go by these settings, w/ the right tires, your buggy will feel totally different on the track.

Last edited:
wow thanks kyle....good to talk to educated young people....:banana:

Back