diference between brushless and brush electric motors

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ped vroom

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
what is the diference between brushless and brush electric motors????????????????

thanx
john

Last edited:
Brushless motors are nearly matenece free.For brushless motors you have to buy a special esc that will only work with brushless motors.Brushed motors you have to cut the comm and put on new brushes often.

highflyin hit the nail on the head. thats basically all you need to know right there. :flamer:

Brushless motors I believe can take alot of volts too. Also they make more power and rpms, plus what they said up top. Brushless is the way to go, but will cost you more out of pocket.

brushless motors have the coils on the can(stator) and the magnet on the armature. since there is no friction from the brushes on the commutator, it is more efficient(better runtimes:) ) and doesn't have any maintenance except the bearings. I run a Novak 5800 system and i love it. it performs like a 10t and with GP 3300s i get over 10 min of runtime

Brushless is the best if you can afford it. And considering how much maintenance a regular motor needs, you probably can afford it. If you have any questions about BL motors, write or pm Josh, a new member here at rcnt. Hopefully he will get set up in the Manufacturters forum.

[email protected]

its al in the names basically you can burn up brushless motors and it is much more common than it is in brushed motors too

ped vroom, The biggest difference between the brushed and brushless motors is the maintenance. Your typical modified brushed motor is going to take quite a bite of maintenance in comparison to your brushless. Plus a hacker brushless will give 10% more power and about 30% more efficiency.

Back