Did my LHS $crew me?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by hotwheels_stl
I talked to a manager at the LHS today... boy was he pissed! He was kissin my ass from the word go. Got my ten bucks back +. I couldn't remeber the guys name who did this to me... but he REALLY wanted to know who it was. He explained that kids will come in put something on layaway and want to back out of it the next day. For as pissed as I was I have to hand it to this guy... he was very apologetic and said the one thing that I really wanted to hear... he wants my business. I can honestly say as a local independent business man myself, I believe he is trying to fix his employees screw-up because he knows that I *will* take my $ elsewhere.

Glad it worked out, but I don't know if anyone mentions it, but you should of ask the employee what is applied to the restocking fee? If he can't answere you in the right way, then it's BS. Restocking fees only applies to ANY product that is not returned "like new condition" IE missing contents, accessories, manuals, and sometime if package is opened. You never took anything home so the restocking fee is bs, because you didn't even "return" it. I just don't like people who make stuff up or don't know what it is. Also if the owner or whatever know how to run a business, they should ask for a deposit of the items people are ordering, then when the item arrives, the person will pay the other half, if the product arrive and the person don't come pick it up within a month, then the deposit is yours to keep unless the items ordered are not avilable(sp). But I think you aready know since your a business man also, but why didn't you take action in the first place?

Dude that is honestly good to hear. I mean it kinda restores a little faith in the LHS I guess. I don't know if mine would do that for me. Of course they don't know me by name either. Later

Akina ~ When I realized what had happened, it was Saturday. And apparently there are no managers working at the store all weekend. I called 1st thing Monday and was able to resolve it in a matter of moments with a manager. I only posted here to find out if this was a normal practice with LHS's. The only dealings
I had with them prior to this was for model rockets... and I didn't put any of those on layaway! LOL

But to answer your question, I did try to call AS SOON as I took the time to look at the reciept. And when I called the kid i talked to gave me the speech the managers gave to them. Only they obviously negected to mention "unless someone is spending more money."

Nonetheless, it was all handled once I got someone other than the "squeeky voiced teen" on the phone.