did lil bit of serching but nothing i want

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jls24

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
got a factory body , wanna remove that paint to put what i want on there without buyin a new body , everything iv serched has to do with mess ups and want to remove what the did .... i wanna remove the factory stuff any ideas

Look at some of the older threads in this section. Guys talk about using brake fluid but that is for bodies that were painted at home. I would imagine it should work the same for a factory body but never done it so I couldnt say.

got a factory body , wanna remove that paint to put what i want on there without buyin a new body , everything iv serched has to do with mess ups and want to remove what the did .... i wanna remove the factory stuff any ideas

You're best off to buy a new body. Factory paint is about the hardest to remove without damaging the lexan.

The factory paint is a PITA to get off, i tried it on an old tmaxx body and it ended up in the county landfill

Yeah the silkscreen bodies from the factory have the paint baked into them or on to them if I'm not mistaken ans its practically impossible to remove completely without damaging the body.

Now if you have a body thats been painted you can take some steps to remove regular lexan paint but its still a PITA and would only recommend it in order to revive an old body thats a classic and discontinued.

prob paint the outside for now lol

Paint the outside and Beat the Snot out of it!!!!!

it just an electric road race car .... no bashin for it cuz it can't

Could do a nice color scheme and clearcoat it. The clearcoat will give it a nice shine and seeing as to how its an onroad the paint should last quite a while

gonna do it flat black with monster energy stickers on the sides and and a lime green skull on the hood and paint the spoiler lome green to .... how about that

One cool thing about painting the outside, is the damage effect. What i would do is paint like a silver underneath a darker gray/black so as you rub/bash the paint off, the damage looks realistic to actual paint/body damage.