Destroyed the Stampede, again!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monster Slash

RCTalk Racer
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Flying
  4. Boating
So I wasn't able to drive my stampede 2wd for a month because I broke the transmission. Finally, today I get the truck back together with some speed gearing and I took it out for some bashing. Had fun for three minutes before I tried to hit a jump. The jump was next to a post and knowing the darty 2wd traxxas turning, I hit a post at top speed 38mph. The truck hit so hard the motor screws backed out and moved the motor all the way back, damaged the body, broke the spur gear, and broke the front axle. It may be another month :mad: Gotta love traxxas...

So I wasn't able to drive my stampede 2wd for a month because I broke the transmission. Finally, today I get the truck back together with some speed gearing and I took it out for some bashing. Had fun for three minutes before I tried to hit a jump. The jump was next to a post and knowing the darty 2wd traxxas turning, I hit a post at top speed 38mph. The truck hit so hard the motor screws backed out and moved the motor all the way back, damaged the body, broke the spur gear, and broke the front axle. It may be another month :mad: Gotta love traxxas...
Well that sucks! But it would be hard to blame any manufacturer for that kinda damage after such a wreck 😉

I have a Jato that does probably 70mph. I had it close to top speed and went to hit the brakes, but the brake pads didn't slow it down a bit. Slammed into a parking stop in a parking lot and I thought for sure everything was toast. When I got to the car I was actually happy to see I only broke an A-arm and the links on one side.

Here is a design idea for an unbreakable RC
Stone-truck-finished-crop.jpg

I know your frustration. My stampede has gremlins also. I just went for a bike ride. Made it 2 houses and sheared the crank on my trek roscoe 8.

Thats one of the reasons I switched to 32p. The slightest bearing play, if the 4 can screws are loose, even then the pinion sharoens changing the pitch, I got tired of the 48p setup.

Last edited:
Dam man that's horrible 😡😡. I try to stay in open area when I first get the trucks running again.. before I send it because I know something will break.