Deer season...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I can think of better ways to get a deer then this, but hey do what makes you all warm and fuzzy inside....

54487deer_vs_durango.jpg

-WoodiE

Dam how fast was that deer going8-0

To bad that truck didnt have a dash cam. I would like to see the look on his wifes face as that deer came in.

There wasn't anyone other then the driver in the truck, and the driver wasn't hurt.

-WoodiE

Originally posted by WoodiE
I can think of better ways to get a deer then this, but hey do what makes you all warm and fuzzy inside....

54487deer_vs_durango.jpg

-WoodiE
ROCK ON!!!! Cooler than cool beans!!!!

Originally posted by matts6887
Wow. Thats amazing to find out that he didnt get hurt. I dont think I wanna know what coulda happened had there been more people in the car. I know deer can do damage to a moving vehicle, but DAM.

Being someone that grew up in the country, seeing cars run into deers are almost commom for me, believe it or not I have seen deer do much more damage then this. Though I must say I have never seen a deer run into a car like this.

-WoodiE

One question does he get to keep the deer??? I mean it is in his truck right. Well most of it is in his truck.

Well here in Indiana, if you have a hunting license you can indeed keep the deer.

They just substract one from your allotted number of deer allowed.

-WoodiE

License or not you should get to eat him if its your car that got him:classic: Its not like your going to aim for the deer with a new car.

OK. How did the deer get in there? That wasn't head-on. Think the deer tried to jump the truck? Looks like it came in from above. That ain't right. I live in deer country. Too many stories. But I've never hit one. There are the age-old stories of the guys on motorcycles that split deer in half. A friend was hit by a deer on his week-old Harley. Mashed the tank and took out his knee. And then there was one that made national news. A guy near Rome, NY, sees a deer in the road. Stops. Waits a second. Then this huge f***ing deer comes in from the side, smashes through the driver side window and knocks this guy out cold. Comes to and drives himself to the hospital. These animals are freaks...

Originally posted by Candyman
A guy near Rome, NY, sees a deer in the road. Stops. Waits a second. Then this huge f***ing deer comes in from the side, smashes through the driver side window and knocks this guy out cold. Comes to and drives himself to the hospital. These animals are freaks...

Sounds like that deer just had his fill of cars and people hunting him, he said its pay back time. The next guy to stop gets it good:cheerful:

You know what the last thing that crossed that deers mind as he went through the windshield................His A$$

I wonder if it was a Buck, those antlers coming through the windshield would be one hell of a sight from inside the truck. At least the guy was not hurt.

Let me spell it out for you Matts the seagull hits you in the head at 700=mph at say 10,000 ft. You can't see because of all the blood and glass in your eyes, and now you have to land the plane not a good thing to have happen. Ill take the deer any day of the week.

What you need to think about is not the weight of the animal but how fast you are going when hitting it. Think of a bullet if it weighs 100 pounds and is moving at 50ft per sec it might not kill you. But if it weighs 1oz and is moving at 2600 ft per sec and hits you its going to hurt you real bad.

I have been lucky enough to miss several deer, especially when I was living in the Mississippi Delta. If you want to see real damage though, a cow will absolutely demolish a car. I guess the same could be said for the larger species like elk up north.

Ya they think they killed it so they put it in there car, but it was just out cold and then wakes up and rips the whole car apart !!! that is a good movie !

Originally posted by Hunter
Let me spell it out for you Matts the seagull hits you in the head at 700=mph at say 10,000 ft. You can't see because of all the blood and glass in your eyes, and now you have to land the plane not a good thing to have happen. Ill take the deer any day of the week.
I think that just about covers that lesson!

Originally posted by TINY_MAXX
Ya they think they killed it so they put it in there car, but it was just out cold and then wakes up and rips the whole car apart !!! that is a good movie !
I didn\'t even see the post above and knew without a doubt that this was from Tommyboy!!! Excellent movie!!!

I am amazed...he can be taught. Good on ya, Hunter. I thought I was going to have to come in here and give Matts a physics lesson.

Birds through canopies are bad, dear through cars are bad...what do you think a dear through a 53000 pound turboprop driven E-2C would be. We found out when one ran straight through one of our aircraft's props with engines on line. Sliced and diced the dear, and we ended up having to strike the aircraft (that means salvage what is usable and trash the rest) The gutted fuselage still sits at the outlying field where it occurred (Fentriss OLF in Chesapeake, VA).

Back