Decal printer - who sells them?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
What is the official term of something that will print decals and where abouts can I buy them?

I don't need anything fancy by any means. Something that will print on clear sheets in either black or white print. Simple as that. Something that I can use to print RCNT decals.

Ideas?

-Michael

Water slide decals? WTF!

I'm looking for vinyl stickers I suppose. I've been paying $300-400 for a run of decals each time I need them for RCNT. I've got about 4-5 supporting members asking for them and was about to place another order for more, but wondered how much it would cost to buy a small printer myself that I can use to print off RCNT decals.

-Michael

Well, I guess you want the vinyl variety. Water slide decals are the ones you dip in water for 30 seconds, then slide them off the backing onto the surface.
Sounds like a good investment to go with robmob's suggestion. You'll also be able to make alarm stickers for your windows.

I just seen the previous thread - there is interest for one of these for a lotto?

-Michael

No question about it. It's the next step up for anyone who does custom painting to have this for making masks. Too much of an investment for most of us for the amount of work we would need it for, but as a lottery win it would be one of the greatest tools ever!

Hold on, after reading more about this it looks like all it's doing is taking a print job from a regular printer then you stick the print job on some "special" sticky paper and lay another piece over the top of it, then this machine cuts it out?

Is this normally how they work? Don't they normally just print right on the vinyl?

-Michael

I have the robo cutter and a 24" lynx plotter. The Robo I havnt been able to find clear vinyl that will work for it yet, so I'm still stuck with the white back grounds.
A normal digital printer (Like I think what your looking for) are VERY expensive. Cheapest one I found was 13k and was only 15 inches, which would work for you but I dunno if ya wanna drop 13k. These style of printers will print it right on the vinyl.

I have the robo cutter and a 24" lynx plotter. The Robo I havnt been able to find clear vinyl that will work for it yet, so I'm still stuck with the white back grounds.
A normal digital printer (Like I think what your looking for) are VERY expensive. Cheapest one I found was 13k and was only 15 inches, which would work for you but I dunno if ya wanna drop 13k. These style of printers will print it right on the vinyl.

Cam,

I'm afraid that's my only option for what I'm wanting. For a cheap cutter to use for custom paint jobs, etc the Robo cutter might work ok for the job. For what I'm wanting I'm thinking it's not going to even come close - honestly I don't know though.

What your describing being 13K sounds more what I'm looking for as I'm trying to replicate these:

decals.jpg

Hard to tell on this image but all they are, are clear vinyl looking type material (don't know 100% for sure) with what looks to be black and white text printed or pressed somehow onto the clear background. The above have stood up pretty well for me against sun, mud, water, fuel, etc.

However you're 100% correct, $13,000 if about $12,400 more then what I wanted to spend on a unit that would do the above. It looks like I'm better off to keep on ordering the decals like I always have.

-Michael

Woodie, have you looked at the Stikka printer?I believe that's how it is spelled. It should do exactly what you need.

Back