debating between a 1/10th SC or 1/8th buggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sur3fir3

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
I have never raced either, I have bashed a truggy, but that was a converted ofna buggy years ago before truggies were available from the manufacturer.

I know I want electric either way I go, but I was wondering for bashing at the race track, and the occasional race (maybe) which is more enjoyable truggy or sc? Cost is somewhat of an issue, I was looking at a used losi SCTE, or the SC10. As far as a truggy goes I have been trying to land a decent price on a 8ight-T roller. My mind isnt made up as to which I want.

In 2 or 3 weeks I will have the land cleared for the track I am working on. Hoping to have the first few yards of dirt dumped by april/may.

If you were rebuilding your collection, and had 3 MTs currently. would you get the SC? or stay in with the MT sort of and go with a truggy? :D

Have you ever driven a SC truck or buggy? Being they are 2wd the handling is a whole bunch different than a 1/8 scale 4wd buggy or truggy. Some prefer the sc for racing due to its 2wd handling and cornering capability. Me personally i dont have one but it is on my list of rigs to get eventually. I do run a 1/10 scale mt and a 1/8 buggy. I prefer the buggy as far as racing or bashing on a track due to its handling and speed but i prefer my MT for just good ole bashing and climbing over whatever. There are several 4wd stadium trucks out now as well and that is what i have my eyes on vs 2wd.

---------- Post added at 8:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 8:40 AM ----------

Sorry i just realized the one your looking into is 4wd. The losi scte. I guess its just gonna come down to preference. I can tell you i love my 1/8 scale buggy no doubt.

The buggy will be a better basher in terms of durability, and will handle better on a track than a SCT but SCTs are fun on the track as well. You'd probably be happy either way.

Either will be fun, but the both will have limited capabilities(compared to what you're used to) when bashing due to the lower ground clearance. Bashing at the track, bmx track, or the yard, sure. Gravel pit bashing or rough terrain will give you more grief. It all depends where you will spend the majority of your time running. The 1/8 buggy will handle waaay better than the SC truck, but the overall cost of 1/8 scale parts and upgrades is a lot more than the 1/10 scale stuff. If you're just hot lapping around the track wanting to laugh and have a good time with your buds, the SC truck might be the way to go. The fun factor is there, and the enclosed wheel wheels on those body actually save from a lot of damage when bashing each other.

I've ran 1/10th before.. first hobby rc was an old black tub rc10T with a trinity brushed motor. I tend to shy away from 2wd, I have many places to bash with all different types of terrain, so limitations arent an issue. I was just wondering if the whole SC thing is more of a fad, or what. They look neat, they look fun, but I dunno.

I've had a few nitro buggies, so i know how they handle and etc, I guess it boils down to is the SC scene worth getting into? or should I just stick with the buggies mts truggies and TCs?

Last edited:
I just picked up the hobby again last month, and didnt think twice about what I wanted.

Losi 8ight 2.0 buggy

If I go with a truggy it will be a used 8t for sure. well I will give it a few weeks and see if any deals that are too good to pass up come along... until then research research research i guess :-/

Check out the RC8T. Not sure how it compares against the 8ight-T but associated makes some race worthy kits. Team Durango's DNX408T looks like a really nice kit as well.

well I found out what I am getting from taxes, and decided to buy a used 8ight-t 2.0 I have a few I am inquiring about I wanted to thank everyone that gave me their opinions. I made my decision because right now I dont want to spend money on something I am unsure If I will enjoy. I know I like truggies, and LOSI so I went with that. I will not be converting it right away, I am going to let it sit while I finish my savage. I just found some deals that are too good to pass up.

Back