death to an airleak

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitro_freak_123

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hey guys,
i need some advise on airleaks, about a week ago i was having a bash with my truck. wen i took it home seen all fuel underneath the engine :ponder2:

so i thought i would have an airleack in the backplate. so i took the backplate off and had a little look.the seal looked bad so i put a bead of high temp gasket maker on it

. put it all back together and the truck wont even start it does sound like it is trying but i dont no whats the matter with it :ponder2:

i got a thundertiger ssk v1 with a pro.15bxs p/start engine

pics :

ssk0399vn.jpg

i no the engines dirrty

ssk0320ql.jpg

the backplate

I'd be willing to bet that your settings are way off. The reason being that you were trying to tune it and couldn't get it. Reset back to factory settings and go from there.

I would also seal around the base of the carb before going farther.

You really do need to clean that engine off, both inside and out. It looks like you're getting some gumming on the inside, that or it's rust. Starting to look a little rough in there.

As for the outside, all that grease and dirt you're allowing to cake up will start acting like an insulating jacket. Your temps will start running higher because the engine cannot dissipate the heat.

As to your problem, VB hit it on the head. Seal the carb and backplate (and clean it, since you have it out), set the needles to factory and go from there. You tune the HSN first, then dial the LSN in, if needed.

Just wanted to point this out. If you shut off the engine by plugging the stinger of the exhaust you force fuel in the crank case. You don''t want to leave fuel in the crank case as it can "gum" up your internals and be a PITA to start. Always leave your engine empty as well as your tank and lines clear of fuel.

ok ill do that mokey thanks guys

ill keep ya posted on what happens

Yeah do what they said,And i wanna,what is the Vaseline for?

my lips they are chapped

some might say kissing too many girls lol

ps it works nw thanks u guys

Back