Dead TRX3.3. Need Some Help!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting... Valid point. Its not like the sleeve is any good if it's not pinched correctly!:hehe:

I'm just wondering if it would provide a more uniform pinch with the metal softened. Thinking it might wrap around the sleeve better. Leave the pinch tool in place until the sleeve fully cools off.

I'm just wondering if it would provide a more uniform pinch with the metal softened. Thinking it might wrap around the sleeve better. Leave the pinch tool in place until the sleeve fully cools off.

To save the pinch while in a running engine ,normally people will run the piston out of the top end
when the engine cools off after running ,so it makes sense to do it if you try it yourself!

That would be the way I would do it myself ,the only way to find out is to just do it ,theres no
experience gained if you don't experiment!...:cool:

To save the pinch while in a running engine ,normally people will run the piston out of the top end
when the engine cools off after running

At first I had consciously remember to do that. But now as soon as its done running I do it. I ended up marking the flywheel off where the piston is at BDC.

It's probably the piston and sleeve. Although, from experience traxxas engines don't have as much "bite" at the top. So it's somewhat hard to tell . But I imagine a piston and sleeve replacement would do just fine.

As for cleaning, just remove the excess oil from inside the crankcase, and make sure there's no large deposits (very unlikely)

If you'd like I could clean it for you

Just curious, how many gallons has it gone through?