De-Anodized

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya, seeing all that purple made me wanna puke! So did the drano, that is some nasty stuff! :whhooo:

what are u guys crazy that's the point that's the trade mark of hpi how dare u! ps nice job.

X2, my rs4 3 evo is anodized purple with all carbon fiber and she looks great but the silver looks good as well nice job:D
what are u guys crazy that's the point that's the trade mark of hpi how dare u! ps nice job.

Is it bad to de-ano a cooling head? Somewhere I read that it was, something to do with the paint on it helping to dissipate heat. Could be a load of BS but had to ask.

I just use oven cleaner. Works great with not too bad of fumes.

Is there a way to de-anodize without using a hot plate? I would love to de-anodize all of my Axial's green links and aluminum parts because the green they use is gross

From the uk . Will bleach work ? How long does it have to soak for ?

Is there a way to de-anodize without using a hot plate? I would love to de-anodize all of my Axial's green links and aluminum parts because the green they use is gross

I just got oven cleaner, put in a plastic bowl, and put them in. No need to heat anything. I used fishing string to keep the parts off the bottom of the bowl, so it could get soaked evenly. Put Em in and check every minute or so, and rinse with water when done. Then polish to a mirror finish.

I just got oven cleaner, put in a plastic bowl, and put them in. No need to heat anything. I used fishing string to keep the parts off the bottom of the bowl, so it could get soaked evenly. Put Em in and check every minute or so, and rinse with water when done. Then polish to a mirror finish.

Nice thanks, prior to polishing are they a sand blasted looking silver? matte I guess you could say?

Yea. It's like a matte stained looking bare metal.

Just dont let the drano or oven cleaner sit on the aluminum too long or else it will be severely pitted.

Well when using drano, I had minor pitting on one of the upper arm braces and it was only in for about 15 minutes. Not sure if this is the same for oven cleaner.

Like I said. Check it every minute or so. It should only take like 5 minutes or so total. You should see the colors start to run after 30 seconds or so.

Back