ddastrup - Old Boat Issue

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ddastrup

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Have some questions have an old boat about 3 feet long grandsons great granpa built guessing 40 to 50 years old put new motors servo esc everything seems to work except wont run more than 10 sec shuts off got the brushed motors to turn different ways for the props 1 battery powers both seems to be plenty of power there just can't see why wont stay running when shuts down just turn off and on runs again any body think of something?

What kind of batteries are you using, what is the amp hour rating on the batteries?

What kind of batteries are you using, what is the amp hour rating on the batteries?
Venom 5000 mah 8.4 v high power nimh battery
Quicrun brushed ESC wp 880 Doul brushed
RCarisma 2.4 recever mrx 2800
2 apex rc 13t turn 540 brushed elect motor #9780
Hope this helps bud appreciate any input

sounds like lvc is still on.. can you turn that off?

I would never turn lvc off on a lipo battery. good way to kill a lipo.
I would if I knew what it was sorry new to this stuff ill look at the paper work see if I can figure it out Thanks

Id agree on to high a turn motor. what i read about statement about add motors I found useless.. and How is a clearly stated NiMh a lipo. it says even 8.4....Venom 5000 mah 8.4 v high power nimh battery

Last edited:
To op read the manual if your running a nimh then turn lvc off... its in manual..

section 3 sub 2 tells you . you also might have to do 4is lvc setting.https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0109/9702/files/User_Manual_WP880en.pdf?16270622557833167090

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_1179.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1179.jpg
    268.6 KB · Views: 105
  • thumbnail_IMG_1180.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1180.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 107
  • thumbnail_IMG_1181.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1181.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 104
  • thumbnail_IMG_1183.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1183.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 109
Thanks for the pics. Interesting. Never seen one like it. I'm thinking it might be a commercial fishing boat, maybe even a whaler.

To op read the manual if your running a nimh then turn lvc off... its in manual..
So I've looked all over no one shows you how to turn off LVC saw one vid shows how to re program esc need some reader to do so
but did read the 880 that i have comes pre programmed for a Lipo battery and i have a NiMh so do iI need to change that to beside changing the LVC
section 3 sub 2 tells you . you also might have to do 4is lvc setting.https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0109/9702/files/User_Manual_WP880en.pdf?16270622557833167090

It looks like Dumas Enterprise hull. The electronic speed control might not be able to handle 2 motors. I can't see in the shots what it has for motor speed control as that can cause it to shut off.

I don't know if it was explained differently in other terms other than LVC, but in case it wasn't, what TNT is saying, your ESC is in LiPo mode. You need to turn it onto Nimh mode. In LiPo mode, your ESC will shut down at a certain voltage to keep from over draining a LiPo battery, which is really bad. WIth your Quick Run ESC, it might be a jumper on the top of it.

put 10 cell nimh in series try that .. dint see any listing about jumper s in anything I read on a program card.LVC needs to be off.