D3MON'S RC10GT

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks man! yeah that picco is a great mil, my first picco experience anyways, at the moment i am not running the ripple pipe though, was going to compare back to back to another and see which i liked or performed better.
definitely super pleased with the truck! hope you can find one before long as well lol

thanks man! yeah that picco is a great mil, my first picco experience anyways, at the moment i am not running the ripple pipe though, was going to compare back to back to another and see which i liked or performed better.
definitely super pleased with the truck! hope you can find one before long as well lol
Piccos are great, and one of the last Italian engine manufacturers still up and running. If I recall, those ripple pipes were originally designed by the legendary Ron Paris, and I always heard good things about them. If I can find a good one for 200$ or so I’m sold.

Very Cool someone else into associated rc10 stuff, i hope nitro will at least not be chased away by modern electrics.

I was always into 10s mostly nitro but not so much trucks, when covid hit i decided to step away from my large scale gas and build a few 10 projects 20 to 30 years in the making.

Heres one you might like, its for an old school dirt oval build.

20200813_043548_copy_1503x980.jpg

that is awesome! what arms are on that? very reminiscent of the rc10DS, would love to see some videos of that!

Thanks, the way the story goes i started selling some of my old stuff that was other brands to focus on associated and was collecting rc10 stuff, i just love it, so i have an RC junkyard so to speak, 2020 was hard on the budget so i try to do these projects for free with what i have.

As you see i like to mod like i do to my real car, in the case of the 10 stuff i dont like to hack parts if i can help it, the nitro in the pic is a gt pan, buggy front plate and buggy arms, stock rear arms and andy front arms, the front lowering parts are partly cobbled up by me.

In this layout the wheel base was too long to use the vintage outlaw vette body, so a few things are going to get changed around,

Associated never made a nitro buggy however the nitro ds is the wheelbase i need so i will swap out the gt pan in the pic for a ds pan or mod an old gold tub if i come across one already hacked.

The DS have very small arms compared to the buggy ( not much travel) and i wanted the buggy arms for this project, otherwise i could have just slapped the vette body on a stock DS and been done but wheres the fun in that?

Here is the base for a bomber wasteland rat build,
Sorry not nitro,
20210206_110911_copy_845x587.jpg

I can't recall how many but i have a few of the blue pan gts like yours if you need any odd parts i might can help.

Cheer
bats

The DS have very small arms compared to the buggy ( not much travel) and i wanted the buggy arms for this project, otherwise i could have just slapped the vette body on a stock DS and been done but wheres the fun in that?
^Very true! Got to keep up the creativity! definitely should make a build thread for these would love to see as they progress and get to their final form, and possibly even running videos?

at this time i am not in dire need of parts, though i have been on the lookout for some front uprights and steering blocks knowing its going to crash at some point, and RPM stuff, because well... RPM stuff lol
might have to take you up on getting some parts down the road when i need some.
great to see some rc10 builds (nitro or electric) popping up and really like your ideas :)
what engine is that on the nitro btw? dynamite .12?

I have some chassis ,that tub style ,been wanting to build it ,but a planned move ,I can't do a build
right now ,everything is packed right now!
I love these old 10's build popping up!...:thumbs-up:

Yeah, its a dyna12 , okay, ill go start a build thread and see where it goes.

Very sweet, thanks for sharing,

I havent done much running, your vid makes me want to fire off some nitro or gas,
My OCD ADD has me jumping from project to project faster than a jack rabbit on a prom date.

I did cobble this together out of a box of junk i bought, i was doing 3 min burnout 360s with 20 + yo nicads on the slick wood floors much to the cats chargrin.

20210307_043121_copy_673x335.jpg

Very sweet, thanks for sharing,

I havent done much running, your vid makes me want to fire off some nitro or gas,
My OCD ADD has me jumping from project to project faster than a jack rabbit on a prom date.

I did cobble this together out of a box of junk i bought, i was doing 3 min burnout 360s with 20 + yo nicads on the slick wood floors much to the cats chargrin.

View attachment 125873
i really havent been able to run much, was a very needed escape lol, was great burning some nitro.
that little picco i swear is too easy to tune.
definitely a pretty awesome looking build. one day would love to build a pan car style rig.

Its been too long since i ran any fuel cars, for me it blows away electric in cool points,
You likely know but its good to run that engine a hair rich, from what i could hear it sounded great.

I'm not really sure how i jumped on the two 10th pan car builds i was doing the 12th as a memorial to dad,
The 10th builds are all for free, parts i had, i flipped stuff from the box deal and made out ahead, i did splurge and bought a couple cheap well beaten 10th bodies for the pan cars.

Ill update my build thread soon,

Love the truck @D3MON I had one waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day when they were the hot ticket
thanks! always liked them and i remember when i was first getting into rc it was one of the ones i always drooled over.
very happy to finally own one.
i will say as of recently i have rebuilt/restored a few of them, but first time i have ever owned one.

I know the feeling. It seems I've started down memory lane too. I've picked up a few I always wanted such as a clodbuster and just recently picked up a losi xxx-s for the wife. I have a first issue rustler and a txt-1 that I owned many moons ago as well.

managed to find another pipe i am excited to try out on the RC10GT,
all the way from Australia managed to find a Fantom Race Engineering, Works Tuned pipe 01342.
imo a pretty cool piece to have, very different compared to nowadays because the pipe is steel, not aluminum.
really excited to test it out
1620077221294.png

1620077235744.png

1620077254815.png

hope to be able to run it within the next week or so.

Nice pipe ,I seen a few oldie pipes on E-bay ,one was pretty cool ,I should have bought it ,
it was only 20 bucks ,but not really interested in more parts for the gt.!
Great pipe though ,it is rare probably!.. :thumbs-up:

going to be really curious the performance difference between this and that ripple pipe i have. main thing I've been told is expect it to be loud! and its good for mid to lower power so shall see. might be a better pairing to the AE .15 engine i have for that reason. going to be some experimenting for sure!

Awesome man! I remember drooling over those pipes back in like 04 and 05. Nice piece of history you have there, and it should run good if not better then what you already have.

Back