D3MON'S RC10GT

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
while i was painting the body for the Mugen buggy, decided to paint up the body i got for the 10gt at the same time.
plan was to use liquid mask, but was not working for me for some reason, areas would drag and pull when i was using the x-acto knife even with a fresh blade, so resorted to masking. did end up getting a few bleeds, but overall am happy with the outcome.
paints used was Tamiya Metallic Blue (PS-16), Tamiya Blue (PS-4), Tamiya Red (PS-2), and Tamiya White (PS-1)
there was an issue with the can of white and the paint kept plugging up and ran out of dispersant quickly, but was able to get a few coats, and backed with Tamiya Gunmetal (PS-23)
didnt realize until it was too late the body did not come with a sticker sheet otherwise i would have masked the number plates off, but i think in the end it turned out well.
i did alternating light coats of the blue metallic and the blue for the rear section. imo turned out really well.
1622654998618.png

as you can see here there were a few bleeds, but i think semi minor.
1622655143568.png

and from the back:
1622655165761.png

still need to cut the windshield holes, i did cut the truck bed out where the engine sits also.
thanks for checking it out!

Back