Customer Service Experience

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godale03

Awesomer!! Than Rolex!!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to share a great customer service experience with everyone here. As some of you guys know, this past weekend I had a cell expload while enjoying an afternoon bashing the ERevo. Monday morning I contacted ProMatch racing, whom I purchased the packs from. Jeff from ProMatch asked how old the packs were and if I still had the original reciept. Their usual warantee period is only 90 days, and they will replace the cell free of charge provided you have the reciept. Well all I had was the paypal transaction ID and the date purchased. Well the cells were a couple of months past the 90 days. Jeff explained to me that it is rare, about 1 in 5000 cells expload... and he said the most logical reason was that the pack shorted internally and the built in vent failed... so Kaboom! I was impressed that he even took the time to answer my question. He could have just said, no reciept, older than 90 days... sorry about your luck. Well he did not say that.. in fact, as long as I pay the shipping costs, he is going to take both packs back, replace the cell and repair the pack, test the other pack, and remove the end bars so that the packs fit better in the ERevo. All for no cost to me other than shipping. He was also prompt in his replies and very, very nice. It is the same experience I get when I deal with FastEddy. Top notch all the way.

I just figured I would share my expeirence with all of you as well as give a little shout out to a great customer service oriented company.

Tom

I am surprised he wants you to mail them back but sounds like he is taking care of you.

promatch... I'll be looking them up. Thank you.

www.Promatchracing.com

The prices are reasonable... they custom build your pack to almost any configuration you need. Plus they have lipos. They will build you a matched or unmatched pack. Really easy to order and shipping is fast. I haven't bought a battery from anybody since I found these guys.

It's always good to hear when people get good customer service. usually all you ever hear about are the bad experiences. I'll definitely keep them in mind next time I'm looking for battery packs.

I am surprised he wants you to mail them back but sounds like he is taking care of you.

By sending the pack back to him, he not only gets to see that that pack is repaired correctly, he wants to look at the exploaded cell to see if he can tell what went wrong. He also wants to see if any of the other cells went bad in the process. It is much needed feedback and info for his company. Especially if he can find something that may save more packs from exploading in the future, or a possible bad batch of cells. Besides.. he has all the right equipment there... I am still a rookie at building packs. A couple of bucks shipping is well worth it, in my opinion... it could be worse... I could be out a $50 pack.

Last edited:
traxxas has really good custermer service thay sent me parts when my trany went out on the rustler and the revo they replaced the carb and a servo free of charge and free shipping.
but ofna custermer service is crappy i called after my brand new mill blew up and they dident want to do anythaing about it

Venom is replacing BOTH of my packs, for free. He may even upgrade me from the 6 cell 3000's to the 7 cell 5000's. Both are out of stock as of right now however. Thank God I have my Tenergy packs to fall back on.

I just think it's great. They were well within their rights to refuse to do anything, but they chose to help me out anyway. It just goes to show that not all business are all about the money. They went out of their way to help me out and they didn't have to.

That's cool that you are getting your packs replaced.

Tom, how efficient is their shipping? I think I may order some loose 2/3A's on Friday for racing the following weekend.

Tom, how efficient is their shipping? I think I may order some loose 2/3A's on Friday for racing the following weekend.

You should be fine. I always get my packs in within a week. If you order friday, you should be ok. I live a little farther east too. I think you should be just fine. If I am not mistaken... I think you may be able to upgrade your shipping... I am not a 100% sure though.

Tom

That's cool, thanks Tom. I'm gonna give 'em a try. $1.59/cell is a pretty good price for a HO 2/3A.