Custom Build A Nitro TC3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

punkrocker321

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am thinking of buiding a nitro TC3 from the ground up. Does anyone have any suggestions on parts to make this a very nice race r/c car?

The kit is already nice as is. To build it from ground up, do you mean from scratch or via pieces from different manufacturers? Either was, it might cost you more. There are 2 types of kits out now. The Factory Team kit and regular kit (side or rear exhaust). Here's the comparisson chart from their website. BTW, don't go by their retail price. It's pretty much, cheaper at your lhs.

Link to NTC3 kit comparisson chart

Originally posted by punkrocker321
I am thinking of buiding a nitro TC3 from the ground up. Does anyone have any suggestions on parts to make this a very nice race r/c car?

Why build one when you can order a TC3 nitro Refurb from AE for $254.00 and have it in your hands in about 7 days ready to run.

Building a car from scratch can be quite fun. If you have built kits in the past you know the value of having all the parts in a bag many bags in a box and directions to boot. My guess is that it will cost 3-4 times more to build it on your own rather than getting a kit and upgrading parts as you put it together.

I recently built a CyberMaxx (See My Gallery) from the ground up. You may be surprised at the cost of all the little things. My recommendation is to start with a kit or RTR as a base.

home built car

For what my opinion is worth ..... I would say if you have an idea for a car, then build it! I have built many prototype cars. Some have worked well (I would not say all have worked as well as the kit but some mods have) but they were infact my cars and my design. Who knows you may come up with the next big thing. Either way you will be learning about what it takes to design and build a car. As for the costs.. most likely it will be more expensive than a kit (depends on the level of machining that you put into it or if you are purchasing and combining current production parts) All in all I say good luck, go for it and I hope you do build a car.

Back