Cruise rides/80's rides.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbaker65

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
In the beginning of the 80's era ,some rides were not fast or hot rodded for muscle ,they were simple that
were simply lowered with nice rims & tires an clean looking with a nice sound system ,sound systems were
of Pioneer ,bluapunct ,Pile ,Cerwin vega an MM!

However ,I had never had that ,but my friends did ,an it was a privaledge to be able to cruise around in there awesome rides.

One of my friends liked to fix an cruise these little Datsun pickups .LOL .....it was always an old primer truck ,but
his sound system made up for it ,as he was a guru of sound systems.
His system wasn't the crap that is out today hear today ,when you heard his ,you heard every musical instument
from the song ,AN NOT THE BLA BLA from the beat
His ,you heard the vocals ,highs ,an lows ,an acoarce the base or beat ,not the annoying base!

This reminded me of one of my best friends ,his name was Allen Rock Dorris ,an yea ,his middle name
was his true name!

He liked these ,an fix them up to be cruisers ,he also like metal fabricating an made his own front air dam
in which that was what they called them back in the day ,before they was called ground effects!...LOL

Seeing this model ,reminded me of him!

1547575856519.png

I had one like this ,but mine was a metallic burnt orange ,it had the 400/400 ,mild racing cam an shift kit!
It would still chirp the tires at a punch rolling at 40 mph...LOL ...use to light them up at my high school
parking lot smoke out in the 80!

1974 Pontiac Lemans sport coup.
1548089917104.png

Back