Crows attacked my airplane!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwong2001

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So over the last several weeks, if we went to the backyard, these two crows would dive at us presumably to protect their nest. These guys were wimps though, they'd pull out of their dive LONG before they got close to us.

Fast forward to yesterday, so I'm flying my little electric park flier on the golf course. After going into a hover these two (other) crows started to dive at the plane and stuff, but they got REAL close probably within 5 feet or less. This all went on for a few minutes before I started to go on the offensive.

Now mind you, my plane is overpowered, and it's a stunt plane so it'll maneuver really well. First thing happens, the bird is below the plane and i'm in the hovering, I hit full throttle, pull full up elevator and quickly flip the plane over and dived after the crow scaring the crap outta it forcing it to take evasive action.

Then I tell my dad how I don't wanna wreck the plane, and he tells me to just go for it. So now I'm going for broke. This time the crow is above the plane, so I hit full throttle and buzzed right by it again scaring the crap outta it and making it do evasive maneuver. I chase it for a few moments until it got too close to the trees.

Now, after two near collisions, the crow ended up flying back to a tree and wouldn't come out again. I buzzed by him a good 5-6 times and he wouldn't come out.

Later today if it isn't too windy I'm going to try to go for round two with the crows lol. Too bad they're smart and probably won't try messing with the plane again :(

Anyhoo, that's my story hope you liked it.

LMAO

Too bad you didn't get a vid of the action.

oh my..

when then reply's start rolling in..

most of us are gonna want a vid of this!

sounds hilarious

haha thats funny right there. LMAO! I chased a june bug that was flying really low to the ground yesterday with my rc18 so I can see where the fun comes in at lol.

Bryson

Crows are actually very good "pilots" it's amazing what they can do if they have to. I doubt they will attack the plane though. Afterall this is a bird that doesn't look like it's gonna flinch... LOL

I had ducks lining up with my rc- plane, and one kept circling the plane for at least a minute, before deciding that this is not mom... just looks odd, a formation of birds and a modelairplane in between.

I had a eagle or osprey approach my airplane the other day, coming into an airport trafficpattern @ well above 200 knots. I was busy slowing down, when he approached head on. Now usually they dive, so I was prepared to yank a bit to avoid him. There is a 421 coming his way at a good speed, and I guarantee this guy did nothing. Just shot by like a rocket, never moved a wing, just nothing. He crossed head on and above with maybe 10 feet to spare... he was going at least 60 or 70 mph' + my 200 eggs... that made for an accelerated heartrate on both sides I guess...

kwong, see if you can get them close enough and do some loops and rolls, crows love to do aerobatics, and this may get fun...
Good luck, and keep the ducktape handy... in case you get punctured...

Yeah, I doubt they'd actually try to put holes in it or anything, but they were definitely diving at the plane and coming VERY close, probably just to intimidate it lol.

I did fly earlier today and got them to go after it again, but after 3 times of going on the counter attack they flew back to their tree and wouldn't come play. Came out an hour later and one of them flew out immediately to check the plane out but quickly flew back to the tree.

I dunno, I think they're getting too smart. Might have to go find some other places to fly while it's still breeding season.

Back