Crawling radio setup DX3R

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robmob

LET’S GO BRANDON!
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Ordered a DX3R on Friday and it was delivered on Saturday from AMain.

I wanted a true 3 position 3rd channel and not the abortion 3rd channel on my pride and joy 3PKS so I bit the bullet.

I am strictly going to use if for crawling since I am already setup with Futaba's FASST on all the rest of my rigs.

Binding was not as easy as on my Futaba, but it was easy nevertheless. I guess you don't want to be loosing the bind plug.

I am not liking the feel of the radio since it does not have the heft of the 3PKS, but I will get used to it.

Anybody else use the DX3R for crawling?

alot of guys use a 3r for crawling, i sold mine dx3 on last monday and ordered my 3r the same day, should (better) be here today! i know i'll love it cuz i loved my dx3 for crawling...

I can't believe how small the 3100 receiver that came with it is.

I also bought a 3520 receiver on feebay and it is even smaller.

yeah lol, their real small, wich obviously is helpful for giving you alittle more room....how hard was it to program? i know my dx3 took me FOREVER to get figured out at first....

It is a piece of cake to program since you can navigate menus and get to where you want to be easily.

Much easier than trying to click around on the DX3.0.

thats good to here, the dx3 pissed me off bad at first trying to get everything programed, especially the endpoints on the third channel...

what switch you using for 3rd pos Rob? I'm gonna using E, i wish F was a switch though, I'm used to the bottom button on my dx3 for 3rd....

I am going to be using E as well.

i used the 3R for crawling as well. overall my favorite radio and for $125 i couldn't pass it up.

$125!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheater lol.

$125???!!!

That's one hellua deal right there.

found it on ebay. it had a deal pixel line in it and the guy said he couldn't deal with it. One single pixel line that you had to actually look for to see. I placed a bid and forgot about it. 2 days later i get an email saying i won an item. (i thought someone had hacked my ebay account) i logged in and voila, it was mine.

It fell off the seat in my truck onto the carpet floor and the dead pixel line came back. Works like a champ and i plan to keep it until it dies. best radio around IMO.

Back