converting to pull

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott_minimad

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hi everyone, i have had my savage x for a few months now it is doing good but i am fed up with carting my rotostart around with me and i dont like using it can i convert it to pull start or do i need a new engine.

thanks

scott

If you have the 4.6 then the one way in your roto should work with that pull starter.

pull starts are more convenient than carrying around the roto-start, but i would say leave the roto start on there in the break in stages of ur engine... your hand will thank you for it

i have broken it in done about 9 tanks plus i dont like charging the lipo battery thinking it could blow up

u dont need a lipo battery for the roto start. a regular 7.2 v ni/mh or ni/cd will work. anyways, i just completed a savage x ss build, and it came with a pull start. that's why i said ur hand will thank u for having the roto start when breaking it in, cuz my hand has been cussin me.... but like 2revo1maxx said, you can use the one way bearing that's in the roto start back plate now, i would clean it up real good and put it back in the same way it came out. i know on the trx motors the one way goes in with the text facing the engine. i don't know if the hpi engines are the same but i would imagine.....good luck

I just converted my T-maxx 2.5r from the EZ start to a pull. I dont know anything about the savage personally but for the t-maxx it was very simple, used the 1-way bearing from the ez start and just bolte it up. I like it much more and you shouldnt have a problem converting at all :) The one down side, in my opinion, is it's a little more of a hassle to pull start it with the body on. But still worth it.