Converting Revo 3.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcdude

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
Will it be cheaper and easier to convert my Revo 3.3 to brushless vs buying a Traxxas Hoss?

Well, the Revo and Hoss are completely different platforms. The Hoss is a parts bin RC. Also, the Revo’s cantilever shocks are probably better than the junky Hoss shocks. I would convert the Revo to electric, it’s much more stronger, and has great parts availability.

Well, the Revo and Hoss are completely different platforms. The Hoss is a parts bin RC. Also, the Revo’s cantilever shocks are probably better than the junky Hoss shocks. I would convert the Revo to electric, it’s much more stronger, and has great parts availability. S
Well, the Revo and Hoss are completely different platforms. The Hoss is a parts bin RC. Also, the Revo’s cantilever shocks are probably better than the junky Hoss shocks. I would convert the Revo to electric, it’s much more stronger, and has great parts availability.
Seems like what I’ve read on here that it takes a lot of work to convert one, changing out the transmission, etc., getting the exact parts, I know the Revo is a better truck, What will cost me more?

A conversion would probably be a little cheaper but buying a HOSS gives you a whole other rig to play with. Also the end result is not the same. Converting the REVO you're going to end up with a 6S beast and the HOSS is a 3S rig so to me you're not exactly comparing apples to apples. Personally if I was going to buy a 3S Traxxas monster truck Id buy a 4x4 Stampede.

Will it be cheaper and easier to convert my Revo 3.3 to brushless vs buying a Traxxas Hoss?
It would be easier to just buy a Hoss. The revo 3.3 is a pain in the but. I did my Tmaxx. You would need different chassis, different diffs, center shafts, axles, hubs front carriers. The power and tourqe is way to much for the driveline of a nitro. To do a conversion the correct way. It's any where from 3-500$. Unless you like to wrench like I do. Then I say do it it's a fun project

The Revo on 4s would probably run really well.

You just can't throw in a BL set up and think it will work so you know. It really is about what your really looking to do. As far as the conversion?? I've done alot of reason this topic. So you got questions just ask bud
On 4s yeah. But there's alot to change before you can to that. Basically building a complete new Truck.
The conversions really can't handle 6s. I mean it can but you won't really have control of it

My Tmaxx with the castle MM2 and 2200kv. Is bad as* alot of fun thats for sure.... glad I did it. I had extra parts laying around and just built it. Instead of doing conversion I still have my nitro..