Converting on road to off road?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quick GN

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have a HPI rs4 3 18ss and was wondering if anyone has turned one of these into a MT2 SS truck? the chassis look to be the same. I was thinking of converting my car to a truck in the winter then back to a car for the summer. anyone know or have a list of parts that would be needed, or is this a waste of time??

First off welcome to RCNT. Not owning one I'm going to go out on a limb and say the chassis may be about the only common thing between the two. Most likely everything else would have to change. That being said, it's probably going to cost more in buying individual parts than a new truck would cost anyway.

Welcome to RCNT and if you ask me it would be a waste of your time and money you'd be better off saving the money you would spend on piecing it together and actually going out and buying a new one just my opinion tho, good luck with whatever you decide to do.

You would need a good few parts,too many to warrant purchasing them opposed to a MT2 truck.

You would need to change the arms,shocks,dogbones/CVD's,gear ratio,wheels,get a high torque steering servo...shock towers...plus a few more parts.This may not sound as much but after you purchas them all the total may be too close to a new MT2.

Not worth it IMO

:2cents:

Thanks guys, looks like I'll wait and just buy a truck when funds permit!!