Controlled Precision Driving

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badgerman45

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
I got some cones like they use for kids sports and set them up in parking lot or my driveway & yard. I practice controlled driving. Does anyone else do this kind of driving? Is there such a thing as competitions doing this kind of driving?

You can use cones, you can use the painted parking stripes in a parking lot then you don't run into anything. You can get 4 inch flex pipe and make a full track.

I've set up cones b4 also seen a fishnet used . anything can be used .. on road circuit racing or road course is skill driving .but not many parking lots are snow free now

If your talking about "Controlled Precision Driving" as driving between cones that are just wide enough to fit your car, then the answer would be "no there is not a competition for it that most people probably know of. There are drifting competitions that use cones that are strategically placed to allow minimal clearance.

Thanks for the replies. What kind of vehicles are best for this kind of driving-2WD or 4WD? I have a ECX Amp Crush but it doesn't take tight, fast corners very well. Being a newbie to RC Cars, I'm not sure what would be the best for the kind of driving I am doing. Any info would be appreciated. Have a great day.
Badgerman45

Cones are a good idea! I do the same and it’s an alternative to the track!

Cones are a good idea! I do the same and it’s an alternative to the track!
What kind of vehicle do you have? My ECX AMP Crush does not handle sharp, fast turns too well

1/10 Tenacity tt pro with an Exotek HD steering kit, aluminum front steering carrier and aluminum rear spindle as only upgrade. Losi diff fluids 30 000 front, 125 000 center, 15 000 rear. The center diff oil enhanced the traction a lot, it’s very nimble and extremely agile. Need to up grade the steering servo for metal geared one to get rid of all that play in the steering. I have been out the hobby for ten years I don’t know what is the brand that give more bang for the buck.

Precision driving is something interesting. Maybe start a video series on YouTube. It as to be realistic for the purpose of the type of vehicle! watch V2VIDS on YouTube he built a MT stadium!

Last edited:
Back