Control problems

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant79

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all, I've recently purchased a 2nd hand nitro monster truck. I have got the engine running sweet but when I set off it starts out OK but after a minute it shoots off and I can't control it!! Any ideas please?

Bad receiver. Get a new one and add a fail safe. If your using a old AM radio then that can be the problem too. AM radios have a lot of interference. FM radios are better. 2.4 are the best.

Last edited:
without knowing what you are running 1 can guess what is the problem..Am has it issues but I ran it for 23+ years had a few run offs dint have failsafe's back then. FM also has its issues range.other interferance..2.4 is a great radio it has its issues also. seen a ir alarm system make dead-spots in out door areas and indoors...id check you radio gear. either take rc and place it off ground tied to something and test range..I've seen underground house main supply lines kill some rx b4 ...I have a setup to test my range on any new radio. ubec. a rx and servo with a fag mounted on servo arm. and stark the walk.. a range finder also.

without knowing what you are running 1 can guess what is the problem..Am has it issues but I ran it for 23+ years had a few run offs dint have failsafe's back then. FM also has its issues range.other interferance..2.4 is a great radio it has its issues also. seen a ir alarm system make dead-spots in out door areas and indoors...id check you radio gear. either take rc and place it off ground tied to something and test range..I've seen underground house main supply lines kill some rx b4 ...I have a setup to test my range on any new radio. ubec. a rx and servo with a fag mounted on servo arm. and stark the walk.. a range finder also.
Thank you, I don't think it range issue as it can happen from 1m away. Its a 2.4 RC. I have been advised to change the transmitter and receiver?