Connection to my Ez Start broke...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

some_evil

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hi guys, while running my Slayer pro today I broke the little steel clip that slots onto the negative terminal on my ez start. Does anyone know what these things are called to I can buy one and re-connect to my perfectly fine black connector? I would prefer not to replace the entire thing which is $10.

Any ideas??? See image for exact piece...

Cheers

Attachments

• broken.jpg
    broken.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 209
You could try to find a new terminal like you would use for car wiring and then crimp it on... By the time your all done your better off getting a new one IME

an automotive connector will work fine for the repair. napa, advance auto, auto zone, WALMART even has some. take the one that broke off so you get the one with the proper width. they have many different sizes. put the cover boot back on the wire the right way BEFORE you crimp the new end on.

have any shrink tube? just shrink the wire side some so it has some resistance and leave the other end flared to act as a cover.
(you can run it without the boot anyways)

You can buy the entire harness on Ebay for like 5 bucks including shipping, i got one a few weeks ago. It required little work to replace.

i tried cutting the connector off and soldering the wire to the starter post. IT DIDNT WORK.

you could just solder the wire directly on the motor.

I don't think I'd solder it. Just go to radio shack and buy one and crimp it on. Easy to do

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

yeah I am planning a trip to jaycar to try to replace just the clip. The boot is long gone, ill just have to live without one of them.

Cheers

I like the ez start.
I would invest in a new ez start kit and have spare parts.
The gears inside do go bad...

I like the ez start.
I would invest in a new ez start kit and have spare parts.
The gears inside do go bad...

Do you mean the entire kit? Or just the gears that connect Elec motor to Nitro Motor???

Why not slap a pull start on it and shave some weight at the same time? Or a roto start?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

I see a pull start cost about $12, what does the glow plug starter cost? I don't know what to look for when looking for them.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Back