Confusion and frustration

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kimmie28

RCTalk Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
I put my cheetah 60a brushless esc into my slash 2wd with a velenion motor and pretty tame gearing.(for me ) 22t pinion with 76t spur. It ran great for like 10 minutes and now it powers up and wont recognize its connected to the reciever. I've checked connections but I can't seem to find the issue. The same thing happened with my brand new castle sidewinder 4 esc combo in my smt10. It was running just fine did a backflip and now it recognizes the reciever when first turned on but as soon as you hit the throttle it goes back into searching for a reciever. I'm so fed bbn up with these two trucks right now. They are my favorites so I'll keep them but any idea why two of my 9 trucks are doing this?

The slash has the stock tq radio and my smt has a brand new flysky 3 channel radio and reciever

The slash has the stock tq radio and my smt has a brand new flysky 3 channel radio and reciever

Now these days ,it is the smart technology that is in the new ESC's ,if they sense anything bad ,they will shut down!

I had this happen to my Slash ,come to find out ,it was because of a damaged antenna wire ,the ESC wouldnt turn on!

So make sure that you have a good rec. antenna an all of the connections are good with no frayed wires!...:cool:

I checked all that. I repaired the switch on the cheetah and both have 2.4 ghz radios. Both will power the steering so the receivers are good. Just at a total loss on this

kimmie you have no idea if rx are good.. rebind both rx to there radios then go thru the calibration of each esc again... bind,calibrate,then see whats up,,

To me, it sounds more like a battery problem of not being able to briefly supply enough volts/amps to the motor. If the ESC detects a momentary low voltage, it will go into low voltage mode and only let you turn the steering, but not the throttle. What brand of batteries are you using?

Back