completly and utterly rounded off PLEASE READ

• Thread starter nitro_freak_123
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitro_freak_123

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hey guys i dont belive wat i have done :eek:pps: :arrr:

i have complelty rounded off a screw has this ever happended to any1 b4?

if so wat did u do to get it off

ITS BIG U U CAN SEE IT PROPERLY

i have tryed evering thing to fit it even allan keys but dont seem to work another big pronlem my dad has put super glue on it it wont even budge:eek:pps: can u guys tell me wat to do to get this screw out i have loads and loads of new ones but can't get the old one off to put new ones on surely its got to be a way off getting it off right

its the screw by my knuckle head

Last edited by a moderator:
many time, if you have a dremel cut a slot in it and use a flathead to remove it. btw your pic doesn't work. nevermind mw too quick. lol

Pic doesn't work, have you tried a little bit larger allen bit in it or even the same size torque bit those have given me some success in the past.

Ill Try That Monkey But Would That Work Bcoz Its Got Superglue Init ??

Has This Ever Happended To U B4 ????????????

I'm fairly confident it will cut through super glue, as it will cut through metal. Yes it has happened to me before.

Go easy with the smilies bud.
Thanks

Anyone ever use screw out bits? Here is a link to the crapsman ones.

product.do

Nubster said:
Anyone ever use screw out bits? Here is a link to the crapsman ones.

product.do

ya and they dont work to great if it stripped. and forget it if you rounded the whole thing out.

Clamp on a vise grip. That should do it.

nah it aint working well i is but it keeps slipping out of it there seems to be loads of super glue in tha hole hope not :mad:

ill keep ya all posted if i get somewere wish me luck peeps lol

the dremel WILL NOT just cut into it w/o guiding it...you have to control teh bit to cut what you want.....trust us it WILL cut into the screw w/ or w/o superglue.....BTW Don't use superglue....

yeah, whats the deal with superglue..lol... Try the dremel and use it like ya got a pair..lol.. Or else get a vise grip and clamp it on there. Should work.

4u2nv said:
Clamp on a vise grip. That should do it.

X2

They make make a needle nose version that would probaly work the best on that.

Good luck
Ray

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=TOOL&pid=00952154000

Ok Screw out defintaly works.. Its wierd though... for something you would think to use bit #1 for .. you try #2 and it works.. I've never had a problem with screw out.. Ill admit its not easy.. but it does work.. and I swear by them for engine mount screws.. I had a 2mm allen key engine mount screw and it got smoked by a rock. It was impossible to remove. I did remove it though.

with screw out.. I recommend using a manual driver.. not a drill .. but a drill it will defintaly catch at like 5000 rpm.. lol I've never tried it.. the only problem with the manual is putting in enough force as well as having a snug handle on it.

Try tapping the screwdriver down into the slot so it wedges itself in, always worked for me on my tt engine mount bolts. Either that, or tap a Torx bit into the bolt head as mentioned already, another trick that has always worked in my favour.

As for needle nose "Vice Grip" pliers, i have a pair myself and would NOT be wihout them. One of the BEST tools to have to hand at ANY time for ANY thing (including opening drinks cans beleive it or not)

thanks for the info guys its done now

Back