Color Compound Ratings

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pompanator

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
I need some help deciphering the different color compounds available for the Hottie slicks & the Hoosier slicks. I know the gold compound if for temps over 80 degrees & the green is for below 80 degrees.
Can anyone tell me what the blue (Hottie) compound is for?
Also, I'd like to know what the orange (Hoosier) compound is for?
thank you.

wouldn't it be best to ask concepts help
Not sure what that is? I thought the no-prep drag racing was the proper category b/c it pertains to drag racing. Not sure any other type of racer would get what I'm referring to...

@Pompanator For anyone not in the know it seems a little difficult to find this info. You would think the companies that produce these, could make a simple chart, and keep them up to date. I found a couple of charts, but not sure if they apply to all their tires or just certain categories.

2nd Proline tyre compound chart.jpg

R-2.jpeg

@Pompanator For anyone not in the know it seems a little difficult to find this info. You would think the companies that produce these, could make a simple chart, and keep them up to date. I found a couple of charts, but not sure if they apply to all their tires or just certain categories.

View attachment 149933

View attachment 149934
Doom, you are truly awesome, sir. Although you're not 100% sure....it most certainly gives me much needed guidance... thank you