Cold shower 30 day challenge.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Came across the video below after reading some articles about how cold showers are actually good for you and thought I'd take on this challenge for the next 30 days.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb0h8ZKvJW4"]Cold Shower Therapy: Joel Runyon at TEDxLUC - YouTube[/ame]

• Improves Blood Circulation
  • Alleviates Depression
  • Strengthens Immunity
  • Promotes Weight Loss / Increases Metabolism
  • Regulates Temperature
  • Improves Lymphatic Movement
  • Deepens Breathing
  • Keeps Skin and Hair Healthy
  • Increases Energy and Well being
  • Increases Hormone Production
Who's joining the challenge? Feel free to post a daily journal in here if you please.

Members Accepting Challenge
slowngreen
ktm_rider07
WoodiE
SchrodeMode
Johnez
alpinehyperlite
Alexander_0_1

Good for Rolex, gets rid of that old man ball issue. :)

Heck if it actually promotes those things, I'll join the 30 day challenge as well. Start tomorrow.

The greatest thing about showering is that I can pee on my old lady and she dosent notice. She will never wanna have a cold shower with me :(

Last edited:
I've been on it for about the past ten years and the only thing it did for me was give me goosebumps.

That's a pretty interesting video, I may give it a try.
On another note those TED videos are very interesting. If you ever have the time or want search for the ones on nuclear energy, and the future of oil.

Nope, i tried it this morning. I WILL NEVER DO THAT AGAIN. I think i chipped a tooth.

@ktm_rider07 and @slowngreen post your experience day to day.

I took my first one this morning. I started out just below half way on the dial, it was ice cold for about 1-2 minutes then I noticed it started getting warmer so I turned it down to about a quarter of the way down. Almost 100% pure cold. Even at that rate it was pretty freaking cold. The first few minutes was pretty crazy and lots of asking why I'm doing this but after words it wasn't so bad. After drying off it only took about a minute before I was back to normal.

Feel just fine right now, no negative side effects yet. :D

Last edited:
Started it today.......my boys still have not come out of hiding. :whhooo:

Holy cow! Harder to do than I thought. I was able to face the water pretty quick but turning my back to it was not easy, takes my breath away so fast! Prolly took a couple minutes till I could take it but it felt just as good as a Hot shower after a while.

Cool thing I've noticed so far is this time of year I poor sweat the second I get out of the shower cuz of the heat, but I'm feeling pretty calm and relaxed and not sweating near as much and its 80.5 indoors and 97.2 outdoors. Other than the initial shock I can see this already being a cool experiment.

I'd a cold pool not the same? My pool is always freezing cold despite the useless solar cover.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Day 2: It was still cold. I only turned the dial up to just under a quarter of the way on so nearly zero if any at all warm water. It was cold. Yesterday and today both I've noticed when I first step in my breathing becomes very deep but also breathless at the same time. After a minute everything is good. Toward the end of the shower I was surprised at how used to it I had become - not like it was when I first got it.

Was easier to get going today, less shock. Still sucked for a bit but once again was feeling really good at the end, not sweaty at all either once again. Kind of funny how I can't help but laugh out loud for the first minute of trying to get under the water.

Kind of funny how I can't help but laugh out loud for the first minute of trying to get under the water.

I am not laughing when I'm getting in.....:censored:

I only had a couple hours of sleep today so I was a little out of it when I got up and jumped in the shower. I forgot to turn it to cold, I remembered just a couple seconds in.......just long enough to really enjoy it, then I switched to straight cold......that was a horrible idea. I couldn't breath, and it was almost painful, it sucked so bad, I would have stopped making fun of Rolex if it would have stopped the cold water. Lesson learned...if you're going to take a cold shower, be sure to start cold or at least ease into.

Arctic Monkeys

Go take a cold shower, that's one method to cure youthful desires....

Perhaps a few of you just need to visit us in the North, and join us for a polar bear swim?

We simply cut a large hole in the lake ice with a chainsaw, and with medical supervision, one at a time, jump in... Get the chill and hop out for a towel down.

Happy cramps everybody... Hahaha
You don't know what you're missing. Only need to do this once a year!

Chas

Day 3: As if once wasn't enough, I ended up taking two cold showers. One in the morning and another in the afternoon after doing yard work. The second was pretty rough at first as I was burning up since it was over 90 outside. So going from hot to very cold was a bit of a shock.

Day 4: Took the dogs to the park first thing this morning then came home and showered. It was a little muggy outside but not horrible like yesterday. Getting into the cold shower actually felt pretty good this morning. Am I getting used to it? No but I'm able to stand it better I think.

Who else is going to man up to this challenge? :D

Back