clutch springs??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big jilm

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Anyone know where to buy the springs for the revo clutch?? I found a few on ebay but you could buy the whole assembly for less after shipping...

I'm going through a few and would like to stock up on just the springs.The shoes are fine..

Anyone know where to buy the springs for the revo clutch?? I found a few on ebay but you could buy the whole assembly for less after shipping...

I'm going through a few and would like to stock up on just the springs.The shoes are fine..

I was told you cannot buy the springs seperately from Traxxas. I bought some MPI springs but they were not hooked on the ends like the factory ones so I ended up ordering the M2C Racing medium shoes with the spring and flywheel nut which I have installed but not have had time to run yet. I heard nothing but good things though.

Thanks supra. I was afraid that would be the case.. Let me know how those racing shoes work out for ya. I may need to go another route..

hey supra, can u post a link for those clutch shoes cuz i wanna get a set for mine and i can't seem to find them anywhere, i may have just been over looking them on tower hobbies but i dunno, so if you could please post a link i would greatly appreciate it. Thanx
Revo_Rob

I bought some MPI springs but they were not hooked on the ends like the factory ones

Just an FYI, all you need to do is take the last coil on each end and pry it out gently, then you have your hooks to hook the ends together and crimp them down a bit to keep them together.

Just an FYI, all you need to do is take the last coil on each end and pry it out gently, then you have your hooks to hook the ends together and crimp them down a bit to keep them together.

Thankfully there was two in the package. I tried that on the first spring but the coils weren't strong enough to not come undone On the second spring I just basically overlapped about 4 or 5 coils on each end and it stayed together for the half hour I used it. I bought the M2C kit for piece of mind and hopefully if it doesn't rain tomorrow I might actually get to try em out.

i got a extra spring if i can find it ill send it to you