Clutch Recommendations

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSS1947

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I have a Mugen MBX5R buggy with O.S. .21 VZ-B V-Spec-T (P) engine using Mugen Clutch Bell 13T 5x10 C0719. I want to swap out the existing clutch for something better. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the suggestions. I decided to go with the WERKS 34mm "Light" Pro Clutch 4 Shoe Racing Clutch System. Probably won't be able to test it till spring.

Last edited:
Are you racing or bashing? What's your current cluch? Composite, teflon, alloy? 3 shoe, sliding?
Mostly bashing, but I like racing capability. Probably the only reason I don't race is that here it usually involves joining a club and I don't like the obligation of attending on a regular basis although periodically I will go watch. For me it's just a hobby, but I tend to lean towards the upper end for equipment, within reason. The current clutches (I have 2 MBX5R buggies) is the standard Mugen clutch with the exception of aluminum shoes (3 sided) that were replaced a few years ago. I'm fully competent in engine/drivetrain mechanics and can do maintenance & repairs. I built buggies as kits from scratch. I assumed that replacing the clutch assembly would make sense since all components would be new, but if different quality shoes or springs are suggested, that's not a problem. Once I get these buggies back up to current standards I am thinking of getting a new Mugen buggy or maybe an on road car. Still undecided. Finally in the past a lot of people have suggested a BuKu Clutch assembly, but hardly anyone sells them now and an email to the company has gone unanswered so any suggestions you have are welcome.

The 3 alluminium clutch is well for my mbx6.

At the last replace i've mount 0.9 springs (standard are 1.0mm) and i'm happy

Back