Clutch bell

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dylanp777

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi there, I have recently chewed up a clutch bell for a .21 engine and I’ve ordered 2 and both of the ones I’ve ordered have a smaller inner than the original one which means the bearings don’t fit in, I was gifted the car by my dads work mate so I don’t know much about it all I know is it’s a hobao hyper because we haven’t been given the body for it, any help would be much appreciated.

The one in the bottom of the picture is the original one as the inner hole is bigger

DF27A2C3-00D9-4B5D-B716-2EBF89E42830.jpeg

I am quite sure that Hoboa puts bells out ,but there is many brands & after market brands that produce the bells for that engine ,
when purchasing a new bell ,it is always good to buy new matching bearings!

Mip & Robinson brand make good upgrade bells ,check those brands out on E-bay or at your local hobby store if you have one!

You dont have to stick with one brand!...:cool:

i think the difference is that the 2 newer ones are 12T, and the old one is a 13T. typically they try to make the bearings as big as possible for longevity of bearing life, and that was probably the in between tooth count to upsize the bearing.
you can get new bearings that are of the smaller size and make that work. if you can get some calipers and measure would be the safest bet.
i am going to hazard a guess that the stock was 5x11x4, and the new smaller ones are 5x10x4.
bearings are measured:
inner diameter, outer diameter, width. typically in MM for RC applications

I suspect the older one use different type of bearings, like a long bearings made by Kyosho, the new ones uses 2 separate bearings, one on top and one inside.