Sold / Found Clod Based Super Crawler F/S

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NCNitro

Fist of Goodness
In Memoriam
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Well guys I REALLY hate to do this, but since I am jonesing bad to finish up my Tuber and get started on my next scale truck, so unfortunitely the super has to go.

It started of life as a ESP Clodzilla 4, which I modified.

I stretched the wheel base to 16 inches. Moved the upper links from the axles to the center of the diffs using aluminum upper link mounts. The links are solid 1/4 aluminum rod, not allthread with a covering, drilled and tapped to accept 6-32 studs.

Both axles have been locked, and are powered with Integy 55 turn lathe motors. At the moment there are 13 tooth pinions on them so it actually has a little speed as well as crawlability.

It has a Novak Super Duty XR ESC, a Futaba Magnum radio and receiver on channel 88, and has been wired with deans ultra wire and deans plugs.

The rear steer is locked with a carbon fiber steering lockout, but I will include a second laser cut axle mounted servo mount so if you want to add rear steering you can. The front steering is controlled by a Hitek 645mg servo mounted to a custom made laser cut axle mounted servo plate.

The shocks are GPM (I believe, not 100% sure) aluminum threaded body shocks that were just recently rebuilt, and refilled with fresh oil. Mounted to the upper links with 1/4 aluminum link mounts.

I will also include two 3300 mah nimh battery packs, so this rig is truly RTR, you will need to buy nothing to go out and run it.

The body is the only bad point of the rig, it is a well used, beaten down, hurting Bronco body from my Savage that I just threw on here after I cut up the Jeep body that was on here to use on my tuber. It does the trick but is definitely UGLY, lol. BUT it did NOT get beat on this truck, it was beat on my Savage SS. This truck has only been run a hand full of times in my back yard and it is in awesome condition. I will also include three extra knuckles I have for it, extra bumpers and mounts that have been dyed black, and any other misc clod parts I still have laying around.

The picture with the AX10 is just to show how large this monster is, the AX10 IS NOT INCLUDED with the clod!

If I am not mistaken this was the first crawler here at RCNT, waaaaay back when I had to try and convince WoodiE we needed to start a crawler section, :hehe:

I want $375 plus actual shipping for it.

Heres a few pics, if you have any questions please feel free to pm me.

077.jpg

080.jpg

083.jpg

085.jpg

086.jpg

091.jpg

094.jpg

084.jpg

I've seen this rig in person, and it is a monster for sure... Someone is going to score a really killer truck..

Wow, you guys are always asking me to let you know when I find a crawler for sale thats so cheap its almost free...

WELL HERE IT IS. I can't believe this rig, and Joe never once mentioned it to me. Wow, someone please buy this before next week. I already have 5 projects bought and paid for with no time to build them, so I really nned you to buy this before I can. This is just too good to pass up.

This is high quality stuff, and one of the nicest super's I've seen. Most of them have been beat on and rebuilt so many time through the years that it looks like you're buying rock rash that comes with a free set of axles. This is the opposite, pristine condition.

And besides that, the engine is barely broken in. Only half a gallon of 20 percent fuel has ever been run in tis truck :LoL:

Thanks for the compliments guys, it looks even nicer in person. Like I said, I have only run it a hand full of times in my back yard,and it is in awesome condition. I HATE to sell it, but I really want to finish my tuber, so it has to go to fund the rest of the tuber project.

Did you even use that thing? That's a brand new Novak XL and 2 sweet 55t motors...
Bump for a nice truck..

LOL, I used it more than you used your Inerbeecrew super :hehe:

But yeah, I drove it only about 4 times in my back yard. Everything on the truck is in perfect condition.

I'll sell it for $375 shipped, it's gonna be pretty expensive to ship due to it's size, and weight, with the truck, radio, batteries, etc. I will even have it charged and ready to go so whoever buys it can pull it out of the box, plug in the batteries, turn on the switch and go!

So, no interest at all huh? Oh well, I'll bump it back up anyway.

Looks like it may be headed towards another rebuild. Maybe I'll just try and find a Newbright 1/6 Jeep body and turn it in to a 1/6 Jeep scaler.

damn joe thats a killer deal, i have a couple buddies that dont like my ax10 cuz they say its too small, i'll spread the word about your super and let you know if theres any bites!!!

Thanks Lloyd, every time I look at it on the shelf (yes Rolex, I said shelf, calm down :D) I wonder if I am making a mistake selling it. But I really want to finish my tuber, so unfortunitely something else has to go.:\

You've given me tremors. It needs to be waxed and Armoraled before it can sit on the shelf LEGALLY.

ha ha!!! i await her presents....thanks again joe.

oh for sure man, got some big rocks here too so it wont be a problem finding a challenging spot!

Status
Not open for further replies.