clocked my axles

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowngreen

Robmob is a Californian.
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
I've been thinking about it for a long time now and finally decided to do it today.

Using a Ultimate berg clocker from a member on rcc.

Going 30 degrees on the rear axle and 20 on the front.

heres the rear.

Unclocked axle and fixture

003-62.jpg

004-59.jpg

Fixture in place, with my mismatched screws :hehe:

014-18.jpg

Drilled the new holes at 30*

007-27.jpg

008-34.jpg

Tapped it.

010-18.jpg

And heres the finished 30* clock on the rear axle

015-11.jpg

wow.. thats a lot of work to clock some axles. let us know if you get any better performance out of it.. (like that will happen..)

well its gonna be better now cuz my motors are completly outta the way now of getting caught up on rocks.

Looks good Lloyd, I figured you being so hardcore into crawling that you would have done that already, LOL!!!!! but that should help you out a lot having those motors up out of the way.

ya, some guys do it and some dont, can't hurt except that it makes the steering setup harder to figure out if you dont have a kit from like ck or cdw....

Now that your done send it to me so I can do mine. :hehe:

Sweet deal man. Let up know how much difference you notice!

I'm still working on my steering setup and wiating on new motors before i get to run it.

no its sunday, slash racing day! lol....it will be bugging me tomorrow after work though.

ok, so the whole point of this is to get the motors up higher and out of the way of the terrain? Does that not hurt your COG? I understand it's unsprung weight but still. Just curious.

no not really, my COG is so low as it is that this isnt gonna hurt it at all.

My new motors on the the way as well as my steering setup. since i clocked the front it changed how my servo and tierod mount and makes it a pickle. I'm gonna try ck's clocked axle setup, just hope it works with Vanquish knuckles.

My new motors on the the way as well as my steering setup. since i clocked the front it changed how my servo and tierod mount and makes it a pickle. I'm gonna try ck's clocked axle setup, just hope it works with Vanquish knuckles.

Well if it won't work with your Vanquish Knuckles I am sure you have some other knuckles laying around, what ever the case i know that you won't let some knuckles stop you from running it, LOL!!!!

ya dont worry it wont lol. i have several stockers and some aluminum axials that might work, if they clear the rims that is....the vp's didnt until i grinded a spot in em.

Back