Clicking noise whilst reversing and low speed? Is it bad?Is it the diff?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone help?

It may not ,it is probably where the axle fits into the axle cup ,maybe it has tension on it!

On some ,if the shocks are set with too much stiffness ,it will put a strain on the axle with too much of a pitch ,
usually can be cured with an a-arm stopper set screw!

Ok make of rc?
clicking noise can be many things. from idler gear to many things.

It may not ,it is probably where the axle fits into the axle cup ,maybe it has tension on it!

On some ,if the shocks are set with too much stiffness ,it will put a strain on the axle with too much of a pitch ,
usually can be cured with an a-arm stopper set screw!
It has never done this before, so I dont know if something could have slipped it one of the diffs(4x4 truggy). Can I send videos on here? The noise seems to be coming from one of the rear wheels.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
This demonstrates the noise, although you need to turn the volume up to max or use headphones to hear it.
And here are some pictures aswell.

Attachments

• C3730584-A711-4F4A-9135-AE231B48F224.jpeg
    C3730584-A711-4F4A-9135-AE231B48F224.jpeg
    411.9 KB · Views: 51
  • 8A5A876D-A65E-4A19-8BE5-382FB8CA001E.jpeg
    8A5A876D-A65E-4A19-8BE5-382FB8CA001E.jpeg
    247.6 KB · Views: 66
Sounds exactly like mine either it's just because your using it ( not nessisaraly hard) or I don't know. You should probably look into it a bit more just to be safe.

Sounds exactly like mine either it's just because your using it ( not nessisaraly hard) or I don't know. You should probably look into it a bit more just to be safe.

Yes ,that is usually what I do ,is start checking things out myself ,that could be just a dirty bearing or something
that has worn in in one direction an makes a little noise when go in reverse!

Back