clicking noise and then wheels dont turn

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My brother got an rc car and we may have rode it down some stairs, and now 2 of the wheels make this clicking (more like grinding), and then stop moving completely

https://www.amazon.com/KingsDragon-Rechargeable-Batteries-Vehicles-Girls-Red/dp/B089LSH2N7/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=kingsdragon+rc+car&qid=1620259231&sr=8-6&th=1
I'm afraid you may have to purchase another one since it does not have any replacement parts (it's toy-grade). Another option is to get a hobby-grade vehicle with available replacement parts, so if things do break in the future, you can fix it.

My brother got an rc car and we may have rode it down some stairs, and now 2 of the wheels make this clicking (more like grinding), and then stop moving completely

https://www.amazon.com/KingsDragon-Rechargeable-Batteries-Vehicles-Girls-Red/dp/B089LSH2N7/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=kingsdragon+rc+car&qid=1620259231&sr=8-6&th=1
Check the servo, mines was clicking and poor steerage too. Turns out i busted a toof... 🦷
servors.jpg

so your brother bonsaied the stairs. now the rc goes for a second the wheels wont rotate anymore or wheels wont turn right or left. if 1st then id say spur pinion are failing or missing teeth. if 2nd the servo took a dump. either way buy another 1 cheaper.or even a upgrade buy.

Check the servo, mines was clicking and poor steerage too. Turns out i busted a toof... 🦷
servors.jpg
I read through some of the reviews and questions, and it sounds like it doesn't have proportional throttle. So, I highly doubt if it has proportional steering. If so, the steering is not through a stand alone servo unit. This is typical with very inexpensive toy grade vehicles.
Abby, from the reviews I've read, it looks like the seller is very good about replacing "defective" products they sell.

Last edited:
Back