Cleaning

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodsrevo

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
What is good for cleaning revo? Can you just use water to clean it or what works good and is there anything I have to worry about getting weight besides the electrical components.

Wd-40 and compressed air work great for me. Water has no place being used anywhere on your rig.

A lot of guys spray there rig with a mix of simple green and denatured alcohol, let it sit and then spray it off with compressed air. Otherwise, you can remove the electronics and the engine, soak the rig with cleaner, then rinse it off with the garden hose.

A lot of guys spray there rig with a mix of simple green and denatured alcohol, let it sit and then spray it off with compressed air. Otherwise, you can remove the electronics and the engine, soak the rig with cleaner, then rinse it off with the garden hose.

unless you plan on relubing all of your bearings I wouldnt be spraying it with the hose but thats just me.

Simple Green and water. Blow-dry with compressed air.

I citrus based degreaser and the kitchen sink. Then a light spray with WD-40 and back to the kitchen sink.

Back