Cleaning Wheels?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RusTLeRx350

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
On my Jato, the back left rim is getting really dirty. It's because of the exhaust and it kind of attracts dirt? I think so at least. Anyway, what can I do to clean this best? Nothing I have tried as successfully taken this off, unless I'm not scrubbing hard enough.

Use a car degreaser like what u would use to clean oil and crud off an engine, let it soak for a while, then wash it off in warm soapy water.

Nitro, when ya can't get DA, you use the only the "BEST" stuff, in my case, the "Gunk" cleaner !! lol

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I May be A Little Late i To Work Today ! :hehe: Hang on !! WHAT WORK :hehe:

I never tried gunk on my nitros. I have used it on my Jeep though :hehe:.

I always have a gallon of da though. Do you guys across the pond have a hard time getting it?

i hadn't even HEARD of the stuff till i read US RC mags and came on this forum, not to mention working in a hospital for 18 months. Had Never heard anything about "DA" before that, Ever.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I May be A Little Late i To Work Today ! :hehe: Hang on !! WHAT WORK :hehe:

Last edited:
Every home improvement store here sells it, Home Depot, Lowes, Ace, True Value. In this hobby I wouldn't be without it. I won't paint a body before giving it a thorough cleaning with da. It's great for cleaning nitros, a little da in a spray bottle and an air compressor.

Simple Green works good, and use an exhaust deflector. Simple Green smells good too lol.

oh HELL no, no compressors for me bud, i know what they capable of !! i used to work with em, now i wont have one within 100 feet of me, let alone right next to me !! them things can kill. Take my word for it. One shot of air in the wrong place, intended as a joke, can kill. even at low P.S.I or as they say in the "Trade" even under "1 bar" of pressure can kill.

Now, about that DA, just what exactly is it ?? we got methylated spirits (Can't drink it anymore :( but gooorgeous smell to it) lol, cellulose thinners, acrylic thinners, enamel thinners, White spirit (too oily) etc etc, but no DA !!!

I May be A Little Late i To Work Today ! :hehe: Hang on !! WHAT WORK?? I DONT WORK !, I Have no NEED to WORK !!!! :hehe:

Last edited:
wtf? Simple Green is a cleaner-degreaser, in a Windex style bottle,its cheap and it works damn good.

my bad haha, sorry. I had a compressor go on me,,, I'm still here so I still use em lol.

Naaa, i use rattle cans outside for a quick job, or my airbrush with a tin of canned air outside the back with the hose coming in through the window. i Mainly spray on my PC desk, in the kitchen in the winter or, during the summer i do it outside. Never have the can near me, its always behind a wall.

And i never said i was "Afraid" of compressors, i just will NOT have one near me. Believe you me, if you knew what i did, nor would you ! lol

I May be A Little Late in To Work Today ! :hehe: Hang on !! WHAT WORK?? I DONT WORK !, I Have no NEED to WORK !!!! :hehe:

well, essenially there 60gal or so BOMBS! I dont blame ya man, they have went on before and it is scary as hell but Imo if yer round to talk bout it,,, why not? lol

60gallon ? i saw bigger air receivers than that on a daily basis, and compressors the equal in size (and a bit bigger) to any american SUV !!!

Bombs is right, you ever seen an air receiver pop a valve or a componant off ? i have, it's scary stuff.

Besides which you are supposed to have air receivers checked every 6 - 12 months depnding on usage, plus they are supposed to be stored with no pressure after draining any water from the receiver. even over night, especially in domestic applications.

I May be A Little Late i To Work Today !:hehe: Hang on !! WHAT WORK?? I DONT WORK !, I Have no NEED to WORK !!!! :hehe:

I have a 6 gallon pancake compressor. It has a pressure safety valve on it, I NEVER leave air in it when I am finished, and I drain any moisture from it regularly. IMO, you are far more likely to be injured in a car accident than you are by a compressor.

For painting bodies those cans of air do not provide a constant nor adjustable pressure, and you can't put a moisture trap on it either.

I know, I have one in the garage thats bout 5' tall and ya couldnt get yer arms rount it to give it a hug haha, duno really how many gal it is it was here when I moved in. I know I'm posta drain it but it hasnt been drained in bout 5 years, kinda scared of it myself haha. seem to never get round to drainin it, hope it'll be ok, my luck I'll drain it and next time I use it it'll pop haha.

That's when they become dangerous. The moisture inside will cause the tank to rust from the inside out, then when you fill it with compressed air...KABOOM! Just like most things, if they are properly taken care of and maintained, they are safe, when neglected and ignored they become very dangerous.

So thundertiger, I guess you don't dive either huh? Nothing like 3000 psi of compressed oxygen strapped to your back huh, lol.

I use beadlock rims, and after a while I will remove the tire and clean the rim itself with just soapy water and dry it with a lint-free towel.

BTW Thunder Tiger EB4 Buggy S2 Pro, You know if you become a member you don't have to type your signature each time.

yeah, kinda aware of that, was just me having a "wierd" couple hours.

As to compressors, iv'e said all i'm going to. And in regards to "Air Cans" i got a valve that allows a way to "Adjust" the pressure. They give all the pressure i need too.