cleaning a pullstart

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ballen

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
well need to know the best way to clean a pullstart when i pull it it does not recoil all the way . (when it is off the motor)and no O.W.B in it .I think the spring is gummed up but not sure best way to clean it out.thinking about drilling small hole in the back and shooting it with pb blaster then wd40.

really need to get this done so i can finally break in my 3.3 that i sent out to rayaraceing to have resized gunna be 75-80 tomarrow i want to bash (but not abuse )just want to get it on the dirt

sounds like yuor one way is stickin clean it with rubing alcohol and q tip make sure and get all the alcohol out before reasembly.

And DO NOT lubricate it when you reinstall it.

cleaning it with wd-40 should help....giving it a couple more turn might help it also ..just be careful not to let it pop out ..lol...i know they can be a pain to put back in

+1. Pull the cord out enough to gain enough slack to wrap it around the recoil one time. Give it a shot of lube and go enjoy this weather.:)