Chubakas Basket Case

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chubaka

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
First phase is to get it running. Replace the bent tvp with a FLM tvp. Looking at .28-.32 engine sizes. Thinking of flm 23mm adapters for the 5b wheels. I also want some jumbo kongs for every now and then. Also plan on good old savage wheels. The new version look atrocious so the older version for me.

Second phase is custom tvp and a home made truckzilla twin. Thinking annodized black with the edges etched out. The center brace I'm thinking purple.

Picked up a new fuel tank, HPI motor mount in purple and what appears to be a purple GPM one.

After the landsharks inspected it for dangerous and deadly things, the moose stayed behind to supervise.

20231021_102752.jpg

20231021_102814.jpg

20231021_103809.jpg

Great choise, i love all savages! Those jumbo kongs are crazy big and heavy, real hard on clutch, tried to gear way down on clutch bell but 16t and under the bell hammers the brake disc, twin engines may help, used the kongs on my summit after but the foams turned to nothing inside and haven't used them in years

Great choise, i love all savages! Those jumbo kongs are crazy big and heavy, real hard on clutch, tried to gear way down on clutch bell but 16t and under the bell hammers the brake disc, twin engines may help, used the kongs on my summit after but the foams turned to nothing inside and haven't used them in years
Appreciate it. I wanted a Savage for over ten years. I started saving up around 2014 for a new 4.6 with the uellow and pink splashes but life hit.

I will probably use them a few times then build a crazy large scale crawler with them

Nitro wise I will probably go the biggest mill and smallest clutchbell and go from there. It will also be in the winter to help it out some.

Oooh you got it! I was waiting for them to return it still 😂
I think the lady got hurt I didn't stay on the phone and leave a review. The delivery guy who wasn't there that day grabbed it. He knew my unique name. He cleared it with her as it was not my Addy then brought it here.
Platform ✔️now time to break the wallet 💳
Been down this road too many times. Next time I'm buying one running so I can spend more on hop ups.

I think the lady got hurt I didn't stay on the phone and leave a review. The delivery guy who wasn't there that day grabbed it. He knew my unique name. He cleared it with her as it was not my Addy then brought it here.

Wow, I was wondering what happened to it and was hoping it didn’t get lost in the system. Glad you got it though this will be a fun build to watch. It was going to be a restoration project for me but just never got around to it, so it’s good to see it get the attention it deserves.

Last edited:
Appreciate it. I wanted a Savage for over ten years. I started saving up around 2014 for a new 4.6 with the uellow and pink splashes but life hit.

I will probably use them a few times then build a crazy large scale crawler with them

Nitro wise I will probably go the biggest mill and smallest clutchbell and go from there. It will also be in the winter to help it out some.

Been down this road too many times. Next time I'm buying one running so I can spend more on hop ups.
Always wise guy huh
glad to see you are helping your dogs work on the rig.
I have midgets work on mine they get get crazy 😜