Christmas drivers need to pay attention to the road!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JESSE G

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
A couple days ago I was taking my bro to the store and I'm sitting at a red light. The light turns green and I proceed to take off. Well the truck dies on me (was still cold). I look in the rear view mirror and see a full size Ford ecoline van coming at me and fast. I reach for the igntion switch and had enough time to just turn the engine over and then WACK! He slammed right into me and hard. My first reaction was anger I was sooooo pissed off, as many of you know I was seriously injured from a rear ender about 3 yrs ago which I ended up having a couple surgerys from that. By the time I got out and all I could think about is if he was ok. In the end my bro and I are fine, I however and going to get an x-ray of my back since it was only about 6 months ago I had the disk replacement and want to make sure its still ok. The other guy was fine too. I was driving my dad,s 77 Silverado with a 6 inch lift and the van just hit the reciever hitch and scratched it lol that truck is a freaking tank lmfao. The van on the other hand wasn't so lucky.It trashed the bumper, grill and bent some fins on the radiatior and destroyed just about every bracket it had behind the grill and the headlights where facing different directions. I have noticed since then people are tail gaiting and cutting each other off so they can do all there christmas shopping done, isnt going to matter though if they get killed or seriously hurt driving like an ass :shrug: dont make sense to me. The guy that hit me was also on the phone at the time, imagine that lol. As your out with the family or what ever please watch other drivers and just take your time its not worth it!!!

Merry Christmas to all!!!

Jesse

don't turn into my dad though..."nice blinker" " get off the phone lady" "well **** you too". My dad has a severe case of road rage!

LOL nah I wont do that, I just couldnt believe it happend again to me at least this one was minor he was doing mabe 15 mph or so, the one where I ended up getting hurt was around 60 mph! I was furious for about 5 seconds and it passed. I was just glad no one got hurt. It doesn't help at all to get all uptight and start screaming about how someone is driving, it just going to cause more problems and when its all over most likely the other driver is going to still drive like a moron!

It'll be awhile before they're driving like a moron, in that van. Make sure his insurance gets the X-ray bill.

I went Christmas shopping with my dad on Tuesday, for one last gift for my mom. My dad about rear ended some Volkswagon, because he was paying more attention to the Volvos in the dealership by the road, than he was to the cars in front of us.

And, he complains about other people's driving.

Glad niether of you were hurt, and that your truck wasn't damaged. It may be wrong, but it always cheers me up when the guy responsible comes out on the losing end.

I got rearend a few months ago, the guy was going 50mph and I was stopped. The first thing I was worried about was my car haha. Turns out it was totaled, but its ok cuase I got an even better car haha.

Getting rearend does suck, and it can cuase serious problems, as you probably know jesse. I was lucky and just had a sore neck for a week or two.

I don't know if its just me, but I wonder if people actually pay attention when they drive?? Are the actaully watching the road?

I was cruising along at 55mph, put on me left blinker, and was able to get to a complete stop be for this retard hit me. What bothers me was he was tail gaiting for a while, I even made a comment about it my friend in the car.

Definetly a good idea to get your back checked just in case jesse, hope everything is ok.

I just took a 3 block drive over to the supermarket. It took 15 minutes and was so aggravating, I just wanted to turn around and go home. EVERYONE is so uptight and ready to blow a gasket over the next petty thing they can find.

For the "Giving" time of year everyone seems out for no one but themselves on the road.
If your out and about give someone the gift of not tailgating them or letting them in front of you if they need to get over.

Ho-ho-ho...

I had to wait 30 mins to cross US-1 yesterday to get into Toys-R-Us.....evn when there was a red light they just packed in blocking the entrance....I finally just drove right across and prayed traffic would stop.....I mean literally 30 mins waiting....this time of year here is the worst....all the tourists that do 40 in the left lane.....driving slow looking at the beach.......not having a friggin clue where they are and just jumping 4 lanes to make their exit......it's nuts....I actually stopped driving for 2 weeks last year it was so bad......easier to ride my bike to work....

Well last night I almost rearended someone because they weren't paying attention and blew a stopsign and turned right into my own lane. And Friday my wife put her car into the ditch because someone wasn't paying attention and cut her off. If she wouldn't have put it into the ditch she probably would have killed the driver when they pulled out. I am so sick of idiot drivers that I am thinking of getting a big ole bumper and running over the next person that cuts me off. I hate dumb drivers.

Plaidfish said:
I had to wait 30 mins to cross US-1 yesterday to get into Toys-R-Us.....evn when there was a red light they just packed in blocking the entrance....I finally just drove right across and prayed traffic would stop.....I mean literally 30 mins waiting....this time of year here is the worst....all the tourists that do 40 in the left lane.....driving slow looking at the beach.......not having a friggin clue where they are and just jumping 4 lanes to make their exit......it's nuts....I actually stopped driving for 2 weeks last year it was so bad......easier to ride my bike to work....

I know how you feel...I live in Orlando. You have all the retarded tourists driving in the left lane slow, looking at Disney or Universal(I'm actually in walking distence of Universal) and then you have people who don't know where they're going to you have the jerk-off in the right lane trying to decide if he wants to go to MGM or Epcot. I live right next to the parking lot, otherwise known as I-4. We literaly know every backroad just to avoid the hectic times on that road! :2cents:

Plaidfish said:
SpitFire,
Is Boggy Creek Closed for good????

Boggy Creek? You mean River Country in Disney or something else(Details).

Wtf is Boggy Creek lmao!!

I think Plaid is talking about the 1/8 offroad track called boggy creek.

ummm...The LHS dude never heard of it...are you talking about the one that was downtown and shut down?

Back